The Student Room Group

English Language Investigation help!

hi!

i need advice
i'm currently in yr13 and have started my english language investigation on anything that i find interesting but i have had to restart and have been told to basically scrap my old idea and now i have no idea what to choose

i would really appreciate any idea, advice or examples of what other people focused on. thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by oliviawashere
hi!

i need advice
i'm currently in yr13 and have started my english language investigation on anything that i find interesting but i have had to restart and have been told to basically scrap my old idea and now i have no idea what to choose

i would really appreciate any idea, advice or examples of what other people focused on. thanks!

hey,
in my class there was a massive mix. i did mine on newspaper representation of Megan Markle, you could copy this with a figure you like/ an event you’re interested in. some other topics include, language around diet culture, language in football, football commentary for men vs women, beauty products for men and women, investigating bilingualism and a few others I can’t remember haha.
almost any topic you enjoy could be taken into a question with some tweaking, say you enjoy Taylor swift you could look into her song writing, or the way the media presents her through language. almost anything can be used, as long as it has language involved in some way (for example newspapers, tv shows, books, podcasts, interviews, questionnaires). your teacher should have some advice on which aspects are more successful, but what id say is to pick something you have a strong interest in, as its a lot of work and will be so much more tolerable if you actually enjoy it.
hope this helps x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending