The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not one but MGK (saw him and the band live in September last year), G Eazy, BROCKHAMPTON, Kevin Abstract (he's part of Brockhampton but his solo stuff is good too), Rex Orange County and finally, Emily's Army / SWMRS (same band changed names) quite a lot :biggrin:

EDIT: can't believe I forgot blackbear and XXXTentacion
(edited 6 years ago)
Well since people listing off more than one...

Vocalists M/F - Ozzy Osbourne / Suzuka Nakamoto
Guitarist - Randy Rhoads.
Bassist - BOH (2:07 for BOH solo)
Drummer - Randy Castillo
Pianist - Elton John - Just goes to show his ability really. I doubt many artists could cook up (pun intended) something so confidently, so quickly ----Separate link to one of his songs----

Person - James Hetfield... - No video here... The idea here is basically who's my favourite as a person. If it weren't for the whole secrecy thing with Babymetal, I'd probably say Suzuka, but without knowing what she may really be like, regardless of how good I believe I am at judging what people are like based on even the smallest bits of observation (it's not that they don't do interviews and whatnot, it's just there's very clearly an act going on during interviews), it's hard to put her there... So instead James gets that part, he just seems like my sort of guy, can't explain it really, it's just the vibe he gives off.

Honorable mentions:
Elton John (vocalist) - It's hard not to put him up there, he's a great vocalist, and an even better pianist, but I just can't put him above the likes of Ozzy and certainly not Suzuka.
Jake E Lee (Guitarist) - Just a f*cking brilliant player, massively underrated because he was a replacement for one of the greatest guitarists of all time.
James Hetfield (Guitarist) - it's f*cking James Hetfield, his tight rhythm playing is virtually unmatched.
Mikio Fujioka and Takayoshi Ohmura (Guitarist) (video also includes BOH) - Brilliant guitarists, they're just lacking in stage presence.
Billy Joel (Pianist)

Jimmy Barnes (vocalist) - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by AadamG
Sure thing bruh, he's up right up there
But G-Eazy's gud too right?

I personally dont like G-Eazy's style but i think he is a good rapper
I don't have one, it changes too much. Atm I listen to Photek the most.
Dead Kennedys. :adore:

We're sorry
We hate to interrupt
But it's against the law to jump off this bridge
You'll just have to kill yourself somewhere else
A tourist might see you
And we wouldn't want that

Fugazi and Millencolin get honorable mentions too.
Original post by AadamG
HEY! You a london grime listener then?
Right bout now i like Bugzy Malone, Kojo funds(like u), Mo Stack... NOT CHIPMUNK THO
but yeh, imma big fan a UK Grime :smile:

I love grime too, my brother was the first one to get me into it and ever since I just can't get away from it. I just can't listen to anything else. LOL. Like I even got tickets to wireless, Which I am so excited about.
Lorde and Lil Wayne, also some old taylor swift
Original post by TheMcSame
Well since people listing off more than one...

Vocalists M/F - Ozzy Osbourne / Suzuka Nakamoto

Good post, this Ozzy track is great.
Generally prefer to think about bands rather than single artists but 2 standouts;

Tosin Abasi;
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bt-RoSzsEKA

AAL to me are one of if not the best band operating at the moment and Abasi outlook and skill is integral to that.

Evan Brewer;
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RqR8Y2s3q38

His solo bass album (seriously, no other instruments at all) was a revelation and changed the way I looked at bass as an instrument.
Shania Twain
Really don’t have a single favourite.
Changes regularly. Obviously SLF are always right up there.

But, vocalists: honourable mentions to Bruce Dickinson and King Diamond, their vocals are insane, but I actually really like Blaze Bayley as a vocalist, particularly in the Iron Maiden album X Factor, sheer power and gravitas behind it.

Guitarists: Adrian Smith and Dave Murray are superb, and alongside James Hetfield, they write the sort of songs I find myself playing.

Songwriters: Rou Reynolds - particularly the last three albums (AFFOC, Mindsweep and Spark), some of the stuff he and Enter Shikari put out is beautiful (honestly, struggling to think of a song last year that hit harder than Ode to Lost Jigsaw Pieces).

At present, probably my favourite act are Iron Maiden, but I've been on Ghost, Mastodon and Against Me! binges in the last three months.
Reply 52
Original post by waleed99
I personally dont like G-Eazy's style but i think he is a good rapper

i think his style's kinda unique tho innit?
My favourite musician has to be Little T.
Reply 54
Original post by steph.demetriou
i love grime too, my brother was the first one to get me into it and ever since i just can't get away from it. I just can't listen to anything else. Lol. Like i even got tickets to wireless, which i am so excited about.

u got tickets to wiiirreeeleessss???????
Original post by AadamG
u got tickets to wiiirreeeleessss???????

yeah
J COLE #coleworld #kingcole #simba #doubleplatinum #nofeatures #storyteller #dreamville
Currently, Troye Sivan but it's a phase
BTS and Bishop Briggs
Reply 59
Original post by steph.demetriou
yeah

ur so lucky
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest