The Student Room Group

BPTC 2018 intake

Hi, is there anyone on here who has applied for the 2018 BPTC intake in the first round of applications?

Please join this thread so we can help each other out with news, updates and some answers to questions some may have with regards to the 2018 BPTC.

Scroll to see replies

Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
I have applied to study the BPTC part time. I am an Open University student so this is the first time I have experienced the nerve wracking wait for offers/rejections!

I am panicking about my references. My academic reference isn't great as it doesn't cover all the criteria, such as speaking and listening ability because I have never met my tutor. Everything is done online. My two professional referees have completely chinned me off so I am now relying on my current employer's reference which I am not confident about as I have only worked there for three months.

Has anybody had a complete blackout with rejections on BarSAS?
Reply 3
I have a selection event to attend for university of law. It’s like an interview do you all know what should I prepare for that?
Original post by solicitorwannabe
I have a selection event to attend for university of law. It’s like an interview do you all know what should I prepare for that?

I went to the selection event last week and found it quite enjoyable.
We were split into two groups with one group doing the written test and the other doing the advocacy test.

In the written test, we were given a booklet laying out the facts and legislation. We then had 40 minutes to write our advice. It's just like completing a problem question. Ours was on the Limitation Act 1980.

For the advocacy test we had 40 minutes to prepare a plea in mitigation. We were given a booklet with all the relevant information and paper to make notes. We were taken downstairs to individual rooms and made our plea in mitigation to an assessor. I applied for the advocacy scholarship so was recorded.
Following the advocacy assessment was a short interview.

Very painless and actually enjoyed some of it!

I would practice problem questions for the written test. Remember to speak slowly and make short concise points for the advocacy assessment.

Good luck!
Reply 5
Thank you so much for the reply Gym Bunny! May I know questions you were being asked in the interview please?
Reply 6
Hi there,

I'm looking to start the BPTC this year but graduated with my LLB in 2012 (6 years ago), which means that I have to do an Application for Reactivation of Stale Qualifications

I also completed a dual masters (including Law) in 2013 and have been training to become an accountant since 2014.

Has anyone been through this application before and would be able to share their experience of applying / how long it took to get replies / chances of success from the BSB?
Reply 7
Hi! I'm hoping to start the BPTC this year too (if I get a scholarship). Nervously waiting to see if my first choice of uni has accepted me. I did the assessment too, but over the phone because I couldn't make it to one of the actual assessment days.
Reply 8
Is there anyone here who is going to study BPTC at UWE?
Reply 9
Original post by Pupcake
Hi! I'm hoping to start the BPTC this year too (if I get a scholarship). Nervously waiting to see if my first choice of uni has accepted me. I did the assessment too, but over the phone because I couldn't make it to one of the actual assessment days.

What was your first choice pupcake? I have an offer from City Uni subject to being able to reactivate my LLB.
Has anyone heard from uni of law and bpp law yet?
Reply 11
Original post by VRS77
What was your first choice pupcake? I have an offer from City Uni subject to being able to reactivate my LLB.

I got offers from my top 2 choices! MMU and UoL Leeds. Thinking of going to Manchester because it's closer.
just received offers from university of law london, city law school and bpp law school london today! does anyone have any idea which might be better?
I didn't get an offer at all. I'm heart broken. Worked so hard for this.
Original post by Pupcake
I got offers from my top 2 choices! MMU and UoL Leeds. Thinking of going to Manchester because it's closer.
Got offers from ULaw London, BPP London and UWE!
Very tempted to go to ULaw over BPP but am I overegging the benefits of being in London rather than Bristol?
Original post by Gym Bunny
Got offers from ULaw London, BPP London and UWE!
Very tempted to go to ULaw over BPP but am I overegging the benefits of being in London rather than Bristol?

Well done to you. I've not got a single offer 😔
I’m very sorry to hear that, but there’s still a chance on round 2. I know it’s not ideal right now but all is not lost. Stay positive.
Reply 17
I got accepted into City law school. So excited to make it to the University of my choice. Uol rejected me but that's okay. BPP did not respond to me, so quickly accepted city university.

Don't give up there's still the second round
Hi did any of you upload your transcripts as part of your applications? I have not uploaded any of my transcripts and documents in my 1st round application.
Original post by LegallyOlive
Hi did any of you upload your transcripts as part of your applications? I have not uploaded any of my transcripts and documents in my 1st round application.

I did, but only because I got "upload happy" and added everything from transcripts to my Inner Temple joining letter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending