The Student Room Group

Suicide attack in Israel. Israel fire dozens of missiles in Gaza. Not again?

The Israeli military has carried out a number of strikes against Palestinian positions overnight in the Gaza Strip.
They came in response to a bomb attack on Saturday which wounded four Israeli soldiers.
Two Palestinians were killed by Israeli tank fire in Gaza. The Israeli air force also claimed to have destroyed a number of sites linked to Hamas.
It is one of the most serious escalations in violence since Israel and Hamas fought a war in 2014.

Could this be a repeat of the massacre of 2014 and if it does turn out this way then the UK government would gladly send millions of pounds worth of weapons to "help the Israelis defend themselves".

I am not denying Hamas are terrorists they are disgusting and vile but are Israels actions justifiable to start killing thousands of innocent civilians because of the actions of a few.

Should the UK send military aid to Israel?
If the situation does escalate does Israel have the right to kill thousands of civilians?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-43102901
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

So Israel and Palestine are still killing each other. What else is new?
The killings of civilians is never and will never be justified.
Reply 3
Original post by euphrosyne
The killings of civilians is never and will never be justified.

Tell that to Israel. It is express IDF doctrine to flatten civilian areas and ipso facto slaughter civilians.
Reply 4
The PoliticalGuy
Suicide attack in Israel

There were no suicide attack in Israel this time.
Original post by The PoliticalGuy
Could this be a repeat of the massacre of 2014 and if it does turn out this way then the UK government would gladly send millions of pounds worth of weapons to "help the Israelis defend themselves".

Britain doesn't sell (and I suppose never sold) real weapon (tanks, planes, ships etc) to Israel.
I am not denying Hamas are terrorists they are disgusting and vile but are Israels actions justifiable to start killing thousands of innocent civilians because of the actions of a few.

Israel doesn't need to justify actions defending her citizens from Palestinian terrorism.
Should the UK send military aid to Israel?

The UK never sent military aid to Israel.
If the situation does escalate does Israel have the right to kill thousands of civilians?

Israel has the right and the obligation to do anything necessary to protect her citizens from Palestinian terrorists.
Original post by admonit
There were no suicide attack in Israel this time.

My mistake it was a bomb attack but it doesn't take away the fact that an attack took place escalating the tensions between Gaza and Israel.

Britain doesn't sell (and I suppose never sold) real weapon (tanks, planes, ships etc) to Israel.

It gives hundred of millions of pounds of "aid" to Israel which is then used to purchase and make the weapons that you mentioned during these escalated violent times to kill innocent civilians.

Israel doesn't need to justify actions defending her citizens from Palestinian terrorism.

They don't need to justify killing thousands of innocent civilians. Just wow!

Israel has the right and the obligation to do anything necessary to protect her citizens from Palestinian terrorists.

By your logic if I spat on you, you have the right to kill me and my friends and my whole entire family because that is what Israel is doing.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by The PoliticalGuy
It gives hundred of millions of pounds of "aid" to Israel which is then used to purchase and make the weapons that you mentioned during these escalated violent times to kill innocent civilians.

Link?
They don't need to justify killing thousands of innocent civilians. Just wow!

These "innocent civilians" elected and support Hamas - murderers of innocent civilians.
By your logic if I spat on you, you have the right to kill me and my friends and my whole entire family because that is what Israel is doing.

By my logic if you spat on me I punch you.
Reply 7
Original post by admonit
These "innocent civilians" elected and support Hamas - murderers of innocent civilians.

:lolwut:

If I understand you right, you're saying that because a percentage of people voted for a hardline political party in a democratic election that justifies their systematic murder?
Reply 8
Original post by Dez
:lolwut:

If I understand you right, you're saying that because a percentage of people voted for a hardline political party in a democratic election that justifies their systematic murder?

Your "hardline political party" is nothing else but a terrorist organization which practices systematic murder of innocent civilians.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by admonit
Your "hardline political party" is nothing else but a terrorist organization which practice systematic murder of innocent civilians.

I'm not supporting what Hamas do, I just don't see why voting in a secret ballot justifies condemning everyone to death, including those who never voted to begin with, or voted for opposition parties.
if you lived next to door to a violent psycho who tried to kill your family you would naturally defend yourself.
Israel uses the minimum possible force to deter the fascists of Hamas.
Whats new? Israel committs atrocities and then a few days before whines about the holocaust, seems pretty accurate to how all of Israel functions
Original post by Dez
I'm not supporting what Hamas do, I just don't see why voting in a secret ballot justifies condemning everyone to death, including those who never voted to begin with, or voted for opposition parties.

Gaza is a self ruled entity. Who and how votes is an internal Palestinian matter. But if the population elects murderers and gives them power, then they should prepare for possible consequences.
Reply 13
Original post by admonit
Gaza is a self ruled entity. Who and how votes is an internal Palestinian matter. But if the population elects murderers and gives them power, then they should prepare for possible consequences.

So to sum up then, you are perfectly happy for people to be killed indiscriminately because of a presumed political belief. Or in other words, you are complicit with serious and large-scale human rights offences.
Original post by admonit

Are you out of your mind? So would you say it's fair for every citizen in the UK to be a classified as a terrorist (including women and children) and therefore a valid target for murder because a British RAF plane bombed in in Syria or Iraq killing civilians?

Think about what you're saying, you are happy to see the civilians of a country held accountable for the actions of their government, this makes you no different to ISIS.
(edited 6 years ago)
What happens when you keep poking the bear.
Original post by Dez
So to sum up then, you are perfectly happy for people to be killed indiscriminately because of a presumed political belief. Or in other words, you are complicit with serious and large-scale human rights offences.

You sum up putting your words into my mouth? Great. :cool:
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
Are you out of your mind?

Nope. What about you? :cool:
So would you say it's fair for every citizen in the UK to be a classified as a terrorist (including women and children) and therefore a valid target for murder because a British RAF plane bombed in in Syria or Iraq killing civilians?

Where I qualified all population in Gaza as terrorists? Just another loaded questions fallacy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_question
Reply 18
Original post by admonit
You sum up putting your words into my mouth? Great. :cool:

I'm going based on what you've written. You have condoned the killing of innocent civilians on the justification that they are supposedly not innocent. And the reason for their guilt you say is them electing Hamas, an act that rather obviously not 100% of the population you're justifying the murders of actually had a hand in. You are saying that these people should not be given the right to life or the right to participate in free elections, essentially based on the actions of a few radicals.
Original post by Dez
I'm going based on what you've written. You have condoned the killing of innocent civilians on the justification that they are supposedly not innocent. And the reason for their guilt you say is them electing Hamas, an act that rather obviously not 100% of the population you're justifying the murders of actually had a hand in. You are saying that these people should not be given the right to life or the right to participate in free elections, essentially based on the actions of a few radicals.

If, according to you, I wrote all this nonsense, then you should have no problem to quote me. Come on. :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending