The Student Room Group

No GCSE will any uni accept me?

Okay this may seem weird, but I don’t have any GCSE’s as I finished my high school studies abroad and moved to England. I somehow managed to get into my local town college and am studying an access course. The problem now is that I’ve already applied through UCAS and I’ve already been questioned for GCSE’s as they don’t recognise my certificates from abroad. I’m now ******** it because everyone from my group at college has received offers, and I’m the only one that’s not got any yet 😫 only managed to get an Multi mini interview for Cardiff. Can anyone please help? I really want to become a radiotherapist this is just my dream to work with cancer patients.
Original post by Tinkywinky95
Okay this may seem weird, but I don’t have any GCSE’s as I finished my high school studies abroad and moved to England. I somehow managed to get into my local town college and am studying an access course. The problem now is that I’ve already applied through UCAS and I’ve already been questioned for GCSE’s as they don’t recognise my certificates from abroad. I’m now ******** it because everyone from my group at college has received offers, and I’m the only one that’s not got any yet 😫 only managed to get an Multi mini interview for Cardiff. Can anyone please help? I really want to become a radiotherapist this is just my dream to work with cancer patients.

Which country did you finish your high school studies in?
Contact the international department of the unis you are applying for to see whether they recognise your qualification. They usually accept a wide range.

An Access course plus GCSE maths and English may be enough, so if they wont recognise your other qualifications then taking time to do those two GCSEs may give you a chance. No need to give up, but it may take you a bit longer.
Revise and get a maths tutor. It'll be worth it if you want to achieve your goals.
Really prepare for your Cardiff interview. You may get an offer. All the best!
I finished My high school in Pakistan unfortunately 😫 I’m so stressed now. Being an European why did I choose to study there lol, probably my mums idea.

I applied to sheff hallam and Bristol both of them have told me to do an equivelancy year exam in science English and maths. I’m not bothered about science and English but the maths is really putting me off.. I feel like really useless. I’m not really good at maths at all so I’m expecting a fail..

The tests are £150 each subject from the website they referred me to. Not sure if it’s worth it or not as I’m 100% I’ll fail on maths lol

You will have to do them some time. Functional skills is an alternative to GCSE, but check they will accept it. GCSE is best though as its universally recognised in the UK. All unis expect Maths. It should have been obvious to you that a Pakistan Education and qualifications might not travel well.
So just an update guys 🙈 I have actually been accepted for another uni but not Cardiff and I’m going to be studying radiotherapy sooon! The excitement is real and I’m literally in shock it feels like I’m still dreaming that I actually got a place in one of the best universities.
So just an update guys 🙈 I have actually been accepted for another uni but not Cardiff and I’m going to be studying radiotherapy sooon! The excitement is real and I’m literally in shock it feels like I’m still dreaming that I actually got a place in one of the best universities.

Did they end up accepting your qualifications? Or did you sit the gcses?

Also what uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending