The Student Room Group

Will University Accept Me?

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are well, So I'm currently studying AAT Accounting Level 3 with a trainer provider and I want to go to university next year.Do universities accept if I'm studying with trainer provider and if universities accept that then which universities?
Any advice would be appreciated
Thank you
Reply 1
Do you have any other qualifications /GCSEs etc?
Original post by kbsimran
Hello Everyone,

I hope you are well, So I'm currently studying AAT Accounting Level 3 with a trainer provider and I want to go to university next year.Do universities accept if I'm studying with trainer provider and if universities accept that then which universities?
Any advice would be appreciated
Thank you

I assume we're talking about an AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting? (I'm not aware of any other AAT Level 3 qualifications in Accounting, but thought it worth checking.)

Birmingham City University will happily accept it for their Accounting and Finance BSc (Hons). They say here that "Achievement of the AAT Level 3 Diploma will be accepted as fully meeting the level 3 entry criteria". (They also need "GCSE English Language or English Literature and GCSE Maths at grade C/4 or above", by the way.)

Middlesex University also say here that "Applicants for BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance who have completed AAT Level 3 in Accounting are eligible to apply to the first year of the course with this qualification alone."

Teeside University say here that for their Accounting and Finance BSc (Hons), "We consider AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting for Year 1 entry".

It's just a matter of searching, really. There is no magic list of unis / courses for which your AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting would be accepted.
Reply 3
Interesting information, thanks.
Reply 4
Just email your intended Unis and ask - they can't list all possible qualifications on the website
Reply 5
Original post by ajj2000
Do you have any other qualifications /GCSEs etc?

Hello,
Thank you so much for your reply, Yes I have 4 in maths and 7 in English and I have equivalent in BTEC Business.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending