The Student Room Group

No one to talk to about depression

I didn't know what to put for the title. I am trying to get a support network in place for if i get bad with my depression again as my last one broke. I don't have a lot of friends and none of them care about me. I was getting support from the NHS and my best friend as well as a teacher at my college. I had attempted to end my life a couple of times and my friend gave up on me after one and cut contact with me and pretended like they didn't know me. I attempted again but i made a full recovery (I will not attempt ever again and i am in good health now). The counselling finally started to help and i started to feel happy again after a while. They stopped my sessions a couple of months ago. Me and my old bff seem to be ok ish at the moment but im not fully happy with them and i don't forgive them. I'm also not very comfortable about talking about this with them now. I can tell my depression is slowly starting to act up again. I am very shy and I don't have a lot of friends but i tried to reach out to some of them who i felt comfortable enough talking to. None of them seem to care. I made posts on Facebook to see if anyone was ok with talking to me and no one replied or checked on me. I cant talk to my family about it because they either over react or seem to be uninterested. I'm trying to find some type of support in case i get bad again. My bff was very supportive and caring and didn't judge me but i don't know if they would want to talk to me about it anymore or if i even feel comfortable with that. Do i try reach out to another friend again? I don't have a lot of trust in people now though. I could try talk to my family but i would feel very awkward and uncomfortable around them and they might make it worse from over reacting. I don't know what to do. Are there any other options? what do you think would be better? thank you for your time. I don't know if this is the right place to put this or if the title is right.
I think the best way is to keep your machine (brain) busy. why? Coz this is what causes depression so do something u like all the time and try not to care about others like I do math all the time coz I love it and it keeps me busy so I don't get time to think about all this so I'm sure u like something. So do that all the time and yeah if u need to talk to anybody u can text me I'll always try to help u and maybe advice u too but main thing is keep urself busy and leave others....I prefer knowledge as one thing that keeps u busy coz knowledge will first of all make u proud and then also u know when u walk into a room with people you can tell urself u know more than them so it doesnt matter ...however ik this is wrong but that's what I do when u walk into crowd.you can text me anytime . hope I could or can help :smile:
Hey im kinda new to this but i want you to know that there are people that care about you. And i understand how it feels to be left out cuz of what life and things have done to u. However know that u were never like this. Im proud that u have expressed your self here and i have heard you. Ur probably a bright person with a future like no other. Be with god and he will guide you. If not then just believe in urself. Ur more than you think. Life is out there, just grab it and take control. Your stronger than you think. Dont rely on others, because they will weigh u down. But u can always have someone by ur side. Just remember u dont NEED them to live.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I didn't know what to put for the title. I am trying to get a support network in place for if i get bad with my depression again as my last one broke. I don't have a lot of friends and none of them care about me. I was getting support from the NHS and my best friend as well as a teacher at my college. I had attempted to end my life a couple of times and my friend gave up on me after one and cut contact with me and pretended like they didn't know me. I attempted again but i made a full recovery (I will not attempt ever again and i am in good health now). The counselling finally started to help and i started to feel happy again after a while. They stopped my sessions a couple of months ago. Me and my old bff seem to be ok ish at the moment but im not fully happy with them and i don't forgive them. I'm also not very comfortable about talking about this with them now. I can tell my depression is slowly starting to act up again. I am very shy and I don't have a lot of friends but i tried to reach out to some of them who i felt comfortable enough talking to. None of them seem to care. I made posts on Facebook to see if anyone was ok with talking to me and no one replied or checked on me. I cant talk to my family about it because they either over react or seem to be uninterested. I'm trying to find some type of support in case i get bad again. My bff was very supportive and caring and didn't judge me but i don't know if they would want to talk to me about it anymore or if i even feel comfortable with that. Do i try reach out to another friend again? I don't have a lot of trust in people now though. I could try talk to my family but i would feel very awkward and uncomfortable around them and they might make it worse from over reacting. I don't know what to do. Are there any other options? what do you think would be better? thank you for your time. I don't know if this is the right place to put this or if the title is right.

Would you be able to start up counselling again either at the same place or with another? The NHS in at least some areas has a self referral service so you could look into that or talk to your GP about it.
Could be good to have a set time you know you can talk to somebody where you don't need to worry about how they will react.
Reply 4
First of all I wanted to say I really appreciate the bravery to post that on here. Secondly, I know I won't be able to help out physically, but hand on heart, if you ever need an online ear, just someone to vent to, to share your emotions with no judgement and just someone who's willing to fully listen then I'd be more than happy to help you in that regard :smile:

I think confiding in your BFF is a good idea, if they are truly your friend, they wouldn't abandon you in your moments of need, that is what I truly believe. I hope everything is OK with you though and stay strong!
Reply 5
Original post by brainmaster
I think the best way is to keep your machine (brain) busy. why? Coz this is what causes depression so do something u like all the time and try not to care about others like I do math all the time coz I love it and it keeps me busy so I don't get time to think about all this so I'm sure u like something. So do that all the time and yeah if u need to talk to anybody u can text me I'll always try to help u and maybe advice u too but main thing is keep urself busy and leave others....I prefer knowledge as one thing that keeps u busy coz knowledge will first of all make u proud and then also u know when u walk into a room with people you can tell urself u know more than them so it doesnt matter ...however ik this is wrong but that's what I do when u walk into crowd.you can text me anytime . hope I could or can help :smile:

sorry for the late reply. Some of my family visited us so i haven't had chance to reply. oh ok then. yeah that makes sense. thank you I will try to then. thank you thats very kind :smile: I will give it a try if you think it will help. thank you :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Coco_caramel.15
Hey im kinda new to this but i want you to know that there are people that care about you. And i understand how it feels to be left out cuz of what life and things have done to u. However know that u were never like this. Im proud that u have expressed your self here and i have heard you. Ur probably a bright person with a future like no other. Be with god and he will guide you. If not then just believe in urself. Ur more than you think. Life is out there, just grab it and take control. Your stronger than you think. Dont rely on others, because they will weigh u down. But u can always have someone by ur side. Just remember u dont NEED them to live.

yeah I suppose so. just people dont really show it. thank you. thank you :smile: sorry i dont really know what to say. yea that is true. well thank you :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Kindred
Would you be able to start up counselling again either at the same place or with another? The NHS in at least some areas has a self referral service so you could look into that or talk to your GP about it.
Could be good to have a set time you know you can talk to somebody where you don't need to worry about how they will react.

They didn't give me any contact details. I am not sure if they did but i could go to my GP if it gets to that point again to get back into the system. yeah that is true. thank you :smile:
Dont thank me. Its a present for u I hope ur take my advice and use it. If u need me, u may text me at any time. Ill reply as soon as i can. Im ur friend. Not ur enemy❤️
Reply 9
Original post by Tinizel
First of all I wanted to say I really appreciate the bravery to post that on here. Secondly, I know I won't be able to help out physically, but hand on heart, if you ever need an online ear, just someone to vent to, to share your emotions with no judgement and just someone who's willing to fully listen then I'd be more than happy to help you in that regard :smile:

I think confiding in your BFF is a good idea, if they are truly your friend, they wouldn't abandon you in your moments of need, that is what I truly believe. I hope everything is OK with you though and stay strong!

thank you :smile: thank you very much :') i really appreciate it :smile: ok then thank you for your advice. I will try talk to them if i ever get to that stage again. thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest