The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Getting onto a computing course with a HNC in computing.

Hello I am looking at applying for napier but am worried my grades won't be good enough. I have Higher English at a C and Higher Computing at a B but have a HNC in Computing Grade A. I was wondering if this was good enough for first year entry onto any computing courses and if anyone had gotten in with similar grades. I don't have NAT 5 Maths which worries me.
Original post by FineWine88
Hello I am looking at applying for napier but am worried my grades won't be good enough. I have Higher English at a C and Higher Computing at a B but have a HNC in Computing Grade A. I was wondering if this was good enough for first year entry onto any computing courses and if anyone had gotten in with similar grades. I don't have NAT 5 Maths which worries me.

It says they require Maths and you will have to ask them if the HVS can count for that. Just ring them. they are unlikely to reply here.
It does say they can make adjusted contextual offers, so there is hope.

https://www.napier.ac.uk/courses/bscbsc-hons-computing-science-undergraduate-fulltime
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
It says they require Maths and you will have to ask them if the HVS can count for that. Just ring them. they are unlikely to reply here.
It does say they can make adjusted contextual offers, so there is hope.

https://www.napier.ac.uk/courses/bscbsc-hons-computing-science-undergraduate-fulltime

The HVS? Whats that, I'm hoping they can make an adjusted offer. Do I need to ask or will they just do that through luck on UCAS. I'm applying late, so that could also be a downfall.
Original post by FineWine88
The HVS? Whats that, I'm hoping they can make an adjusted offer. Do I need to ask or will they just do that through luck on UCAS. I'm applying late, so that could also be a downfall.

Sorry typo was meant to be HNC. Ask them , dont wait and hope.

Quick Reply

Latest