The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Moulsecoomb campus

Hello,

The course I want to do at Brighton is taught on the Moulsecoomb campus which doesn't have an en-suite, not to sound fussy but I would really like to have an en-suite. So I have been looking at other options, I really like the look of Varley Park the most. Is anyone else looking there or know much about it?

Thanks.
I'm sort of the same, but then I realised that there are 3 Bathrooms in each flat and 6 bedrooms, most people say they have 2 people per bathroom and that bathroom is the responsibility of those two people, so as long as I team up with the next cleanliest person, i think I'll be fine lol
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
Oh that's good to know, I didn't know that. Thank you! That's the same for me, I'll be fine if its kept clean! Have you been to the campus?
Original post by ellie.1999
Oh that's good to know, I didn't know that. Thank you! That's the same for me, I'll be fine if its kept clean! Have you been to the campus?

Turns out I was misinformed. I visited the campus on Wednesday for an applicant day and they gave a tour of the accommodation. The flat in particular that we looked at had only one shower room and two toilets between EIGHT people. They were saying "oh its not that bad" but i couldn't think of anything worse than sharing with eight people.

Each room does have a sink though which is a plus, so if someone is in the shower and you are running late you can give yourself a quick wash and shampoo in your sink.

Also the kitchen area was smaller than I thought. The rooms were a fair size though, decent storage and good study area. Also it is right next to the uni, literally within spitting distance.

I will probably still put it down as one of my options but most likely as bottom choice. I am now considering the Varley park accommodations, most of which are 150p/w and self catered. The Varley park accommodations are about a 20-25 minute walk from the Moulsecoomb Campus, although if I do end up there I will be investing in a bicycle to cut it down to 10mins.

I'm also going to look into the Unihomes option, I don't know an awful lot about it yet but from what I've seen it doesn't seem too bad.

I wouldn't cry if i had to live in the Moulsecoomb halls, because it does have amazing positives, just one terrible downfall.
Also they told me there are not enough places in halls for everyone and the rooms are allocated randomly. So there is a very strong chance that we will not get a place in halls and have to go through Unihomes or the private sector anyway. They also mentioned that there is a Facebook group for uni of Brighton students to team up and look for accommodation together. Halls are only available to 1st years anyway so we'll be in private sector accommodation from 2nd year on wards anyways, so that's something to look into too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending