The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea Uni - Bay Campus

Am thinking about Swansea as my firm choice for Aero Engineering, which would mean studying and probably living on Bay Campus. When I visited, Bay Campus looked a bit bleak, very quiet and a bit cut off with a lot of the activities taking place on the other campus. What do people think of Bay Campus?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Am thinking about Swansea as my firm choice for Aero Engineering, which would mean studying and probably living on Bay Campus. When I visited, Bay Campus looked a bit bleak, very quiet and a bit cut off with a lot of the activities taking place on the other campus. What do people think of Bay Campus?

Hey!

Firstly, I am so happy that you are considering Swansea as your firm choice for Aerospace Engineering. I am currently on my second degree and therefore my 7th year in Swansea, and I hope that you will love it as much as I do.

I actually lived on Bay Campus in my first year at University, despite studying on Singleton Campus. I made this choice because I personally much preferred the accommodation style of Bay Campus, and enjoyed a morning commute to wake me up a bit before lectures. Please check out the Bay Campus accommodation options. There really is something for everyone, whether you want an ensuite, a quiet flat, an accessible flat, a couples flat or a Welsh Language flat (to name a few).

Bay Campus is a beautiful campus, and despite your first impressions it does have a lot going on!

Firstly, it is based on its own beautiful stretch of beach, which can only be accessed from the campus itself. It also has its own gym, pitches and sports hall, to cater for your fitness needs. There are many social spaces and eateries too, ranging from Costa in the College to the Social Hideaway and its very own pub in Tafarn Tawe.The Great Hall Bar is one of my favourites, to enjoy a drink or some study with beautiful views of Swansea Bay. There's a Tesco Express on Campus should you need any groceries. Bay Campus has a very vibrant student community, with students from all over the world on campus, making it very diverse with friends to be made for everyone.

Finally, there are excellent bus links, meaning that exploring the rest of Swansea is only a short bus ride away.

Whilst I can only speak from my own experiences, I really enjoyed living on Bay Campus in my first year. Hope that helps!

Hope Henry - Third Year Graduate Entry Medicine Student and Swansea Student Ambassador.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

The Bay Campus can be a very desolate place at times. What it does have is immediate access to the beach and a 24hr library facility. You could stay somewhere in Swansea and use the bus services to commute to the campus. Students can get a discounted bus pass and the buses are regular during term. Take a look at all the options.

Quick Reply

Latest