The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Portsmouth accommodation choices - help?!

I went to the offer day, made it my firm, but didn't see any of the halls so I'm choosing from online info only and it's hard to know what they're actually like!

Going for self-catered halls, I've narrowed it down to 4 on the basis that they all have ensuites and 3/4 beds. (I'm lucky that I don't have to worry about cost as they're all cheaper than the halls my siblings were in at different unis.) So how do I choose between:
# Catherine House (135-145pw)
- seen the 'Skylounge' online, looks good
# Margaret Rule (138pw)
- older but refurbished?
# Chaucer (148pw)
- brand new, but only 2 pics online to go by!
# Greetham Street (148-154pw)
- gather it's newer, has a good communal space?, but more expensive

Grateful for any help you can give me!
Original post by AliS382
I went to the offer day, made it my firm, but didn't see any of the halls so I'm choosing from online info only and it's hard to know what they're actually like!

Going for self-catered halls, I've narrowed it down to 4 on the basis that they all have ensuites and 3/4 beds. (I'm lucky that I don't have to worry about cost as they're all cheaper than the halls my siblings were in at different unis.) So how do I choose between:
# Catherine House (135-145pw)
- seen the 'Skylounge' online, looks good
# Margaret Rule (138pw)
- older but refurbished?
# Chaucer (148pw)
- brand new, but only 2 pics online to go by!
# Greetham Street (148-154pw)
- gather it's newer, has a good communal space?, but more expensive

Grateful for any help you can give me!

Hello! Hannah from the Student Housing team here! We have got an Open Day on this Saturday if you have the time and you can come and do the halls tours which might help with the decision making process!
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Additional question - are any halls in particular known as loud insane party halls with people being sick everywhere on a regular basis?
Reply 3
Original post by UoPHousingTeam
Hello! Hannah from the Student Housing team here! We have got an Open Day on this Saturday if you have the time and you can come and do the halls tours which might help with the decision making process!

I saw that but can't make it, we live in Bristol and I'm doing an abseil for a charity fundraiser! If we came down some other time, would we be able to look around the halls at all?

Is there any other information you can give me? Do they all have common rooms? Do any of them have bigger rooms than the others? Do they all have a table you can sit around in the kitchen? Any additional seating in the kitchen/dining areas? Do they all still have spaces?

I'd really appreciate any information you could give me - I still don't know how to choose!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by AliS382
I saw that but can't make it, we live in Bristol and I'm doing an abseil for a charity fundraiser! If we came down some other time, would we be able to look around the halls at all?

Is there any other information you can give me? Do they all have common rooms? Which have bigger rooms? Do they all still have spaces?

Wowwwwwwwww! That's awesome! Best of luck with the fundraiser!!

We have some more open days coming up on Wednesday's if that helps? Please do email [email protected] - they are faculty-specific, but I'm sure they won't mind if you book on and come and view the accommodation!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending