The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway University London - History of Politics Course

After going to a University fair over the weekend, i was drawn to Royal Holloway and seems to have everything i'm looking for in a university. Some points including a historic campus, decent accommodation and an easy commute to family in the South. I'm looking to do either History of Politics or Modern/Contemporary history course at Royal Holloway next year. Have any of you studied or study at the Royal Holloway and what were your first impressions of the courses and the actual campus. What is the social life like and did you struggle to make friends?

Any information on the Royal Holloway would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by Vintageboi
After going to a University fair over the weekend, i was drawn to Royal Holloway and seems to have everything i'm looking for in a university. Some points including a historic campus, decent accommodation and an easy commute to family in the South. I'm looking to do either History of Politics or Modern/Contemporary history course at Royal Holloway next year. Have any of you studied or study at the Royal Holloway and what were your first impressions of the courses and the actual campus. What is the social life like and did you struggle to make friends?

I'll move this to the RHUL subforum for you :borat:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Blue_Cow
I'll move this to the RHUL subforum for you :borat:

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Vintageboi

Hi Vintageboi,

It's great to hear you are interested in studying with us!

You can chat to some of our current students on our website, including Rebecca who is currently in her 2nd year studying History. She'd be more than happy to answer any questions you have about the course or anything else you might like to know about Royal Holloway. You can start a conversation with her here.

I'm a recent graduate from Royal Holloway and I loved my time studying here. I didn't find it difficult to make friends as everyone is in the same boat. In the first week, you'll have the opportunity to explore the different clubs and societies available, which are always a great way to meet new people. There are over 140 clubs and societies on campus so you can find people who have similar interests to you. If you don't see one that you'd like to join, you can also make your own.

I was a part of the Musical Theatre Society and Savoy Opera Society, so I was always preparing for shows, concerts and workshops. I met some amazing people through these societies who really helped to shape my university experience. I also met some of my closest friends in my first year Hall of Residence!

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'd be happy to answer.

Susana :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending