The Student Room Group

Has anyone attempted this, for revision purposes

using the concept of external costs and market failure examins possible econmic effects of overproduction ise an appropiate diagram
Reply 1
Market failure occurs when the market mechanism leads to the misallocation of scarce resources within an economy, leading to none or the wrong quantity of a good or service being supplied. More often than not, demerit goods induce negative externalities through its consumption, which are costs to third parties and where the social cost of consumption is greater than the private cost of consumption. Demerit goods are overproduced, largely due to asymmetric information leading to unjust pricing. The MSC > MPC resulting in a price drop, increasing demand, assuming the law of demand holds true. F492B9D3-9E10-4A7E-A8B4-2D3747EF6EA7.jpg.jpeg The shaded area on my graph represents the additional cost to society as a result of consumption of the good, with the cost being P2P3.
Reply 2
Original post by timif2
Market failure occurs when the market mechanism leads to the misallocation of scarce resources within an economy, leading to none or the wrong quantity of a good or service being supplied. More often than not, demerit goods induce negative externalities through its consumption, which are costs to third parties and where the social cost of consumption is greater than the private cost of consumption. Demerit goods are overproduced, largely due to asymmetric information leading to unjust pricing. The MSC > MPC resulting in a price drop, increasing demand, assuming the law of demand holds true. F492B9D3-9E10-4A7E-A8B4-2D3747EF6EA7.jpg.jpeg The shaded area on my graph represents the additional cost to society as a result of consumption of the good, with the cost being P2P3.

Thanks, this helps me quite a bit!

Thanks alot

Rep Given

Quick Reply

Latest