The Student Room Group

The ✨GCSE journey✨

A quick note:
This blog is solely academia based, so any sports-related activities or volunteering that I do won't be mentioned.

Hi!

My name is Learning4Fun, in order to keep some form of anonymity, and this is going to be a blog of my struggles against revision at the end of Year 10 and the start of Year 11.

So far, my revision has been extremely limited, with limited meaning 10 minutes the night before, and this was for my mocks. Consequently, although I am happy with my mocks (all 8s and 9s) I know that with revision I will do a lot better.

My long term goals (separated by subject):

Mathematics:

Cover Year 1 of A Level Maths by the end of Year 11.

Achieve gold in the SMC.

The Sciences:

Gain a deeper understanding of the concepts attached to each paper.

English:

Manipulate my writing style into sounding more academic.

Learn solid analysis for each novel I'm required to study.

The options:

Similar to Science, gain a deeper understanding of the concepts attached to each paper.

If anyone has any queries about what I've posted, feel free to pm me.
Goals for today:

Create a notion revision template

Ok - I need to remember to update this blog.

Although I didn't create a notion template, I did look at various examples, and I am in the process of confirming how I am going to revise.
One thing I did was import over 3000 flashcards to Anki, for example.

Anyway, I'm going to attempt to find a notion template that works for me and try to prepare myself for hardcore revision.
My sole goal for today is to fully optimise my revision plans for the Summer and Year 11 - I will highlight this post green upon completion.
Reply 4
Original post by Learning4Fun
My sole goal for today is to fully optimise my revision plans for the Summer and Year 11 - I will highlight this post green upon completion.

make sure you keep posting, interested to see how much progress you make!
Original post by loik24
make sure you keep posting, interested to see how much progress you make!

I will try.

If anyone's interested I got all 8s and 9s in my mocks without revision, so that's something to compare against.
Over the past hour I've been scouring the web, searching for Edexcel English resources. Alas, AQA is the far superior exam board for for both language and literature, in terms of popularity, so results have been considerably sparse. Nevertheless, I'm still making progress.
Reply 7
wow! can i ask , my school does rs eduqas which is rlly bad at resources pls tell me what shall i do abt it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending