The Student Room Group

CPS Legal Trainee Scheme 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elishalaura92
I had a lot of trouble with the software. In the end I contacted technical support who had to reset my questions because it kept freezing. Some of the advice was use chrome instead of explorer, restart your device and try and sit close to the router.Hope that helps!

thanks for the advice, is it correct that there were just two questions? Why CPS? Etc thanks in advance x
Original post by Trainee2018
thanks for the advice, is it correct that there were just two questions? Why CPS? Etc thanks in advance x

I aren’t sure about the questions as mine kept freezing etc so I have had to wait for it to be reset and then go back to it tonight. I know you have to answer 2 questions and have 2 minutes for each.
I had a lot of trouble with the software. In the end I contacted technical support who had to reset my questions because it kept freezing. Some of the advice was use chrome instead of explorer, restart your device and try and sit close to the router.Hope that helps!

Thanks for that I’m having the same issues and I was told to restart the computer and then re log on but when I have it’s submitted the application even though I havnt done it is this the same issues you were having?
Original post by Melissatickle1
Thanks for that I’m having the same issues and I was told to restart the computer and then re log on but when I have it’s submitted the application even though I havnt done it is this the same issues you were having?

Yes, exactly the same. I had to contact the support team and they reset it so that I can go back in as it was saying that I had done question 1 when I hadn’t.
Reply 64
Hey guys Congrats for getting through to the next round! What are the 2 questions asked on the video ? And can we do it then come back to it later? As in start it and come back to it after thinking about the question?
Original post by STLAW
Hey guys Congrats for getting through to the next round! What are the 2 questions asked on the video ? And can we do it then come back to it later? As in start it and come back to it after thinking about the question?

There’s no time limit on when you have to click record after you see the question but I think you have to do both in one sitting.
Well I am really not sure how that went. I think I sounded confident in my answers on video but in my head I was thinking WHY CAN'T I TALK TO A PERSON!?
Original post by LegallyBlonde25
Well I am really not sure how that went. I think I sounded confident in my answers on video but in my head I was thinking WHY CAN'T I TALK TO A PERSON!?

I felt the same. I was confident but it just felt very unnatural to me
Original post by Legaleagle15
I felt the same. I was confident but it just felt very unnatural to me

That’s what I said in the feedback. I also said the same last year. So frustrating!
I aren’t sure about the questions as mine kept freezing etc so I have had to wait for it to be reset and then go back to it tonight. I know you have to answer 2 questions and have 2 minutes for each.

I thought it was 1 minute per question?
I thought it was 1 minute per question too. Essentially 2 questions and 2 minutes total for both questions.
the interview guide states: "you will have 2 minutes to respond to each"
I’ve just submitted mine. I’m not sure if doing it on my iphone was a good idea but oh well- Its done now! The questions were ok but difficult to answer in 2 mins!
Original post by Lawyer2be123
I’ve just submitted mine. I’m not sure if doing it on my iphone was a good idea but oh well- Its done now! The questions were ok but difficult to answer in 2 mins!

I did mine on my phone too. It wouldn’t work on my laptop!!

Glad it’s done but really hard to gauge how it went I found.
Reply 74
I've had mine reset twice. Thinking of giving up now. When i record my answer i can see the video but when i play it but theres no volume.
Maybe it's just my laptop and phone and it would work for the assessors?
Original post by dbdb
I've had mine reset twice. Thinking of giving up now. When i record my answer i can see the video but when i play it but theres no volume.
Maybe it's just my laptop and phone and it would work for the assessors?

I had the same issue on my laptop. The app on my phone worked fine though.
Have you contacted Launchpad? I’ve heard they respond pretty quickly.
Original post by LittleMissSassy
I had the same issue on my laptop. The app on my phone worked fine though.
Have you contacted Launchpad? I’ve heard they respond pretty quickly.

Just saw you said it’s been reset sorry!! Can you borrow a phone off someone else potentially? I used an iPhone and it was fine.

Silly question but have you made sure your volume is turned on and at the max level?
Reply 77
What’s everybody’s online application status?
Reply 78
Original post by Fxr17
What’s everybody’s online application status?

"Invited for assessment" - same as it's been since being invited to video interview.
Original post by rsq1789
"Invited for assessment" - same as it's been since being invited to video interview.

I imagine it will stay like that for a bit. The portal can take a while to update.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending