The Student Room Group

Best GCSE physics revision guide?

I’m currently in year 10 and I’m trying to get ahead and start revising for GCSEs next year. I do triple science and my exam board is AQA. Physics is one of my weakest subjects. My teacher isn’t the best and our school is still using old text books not the new 1-9 text books so a lot of the new content isn’t even in the text books . I’m looking to get a revision guide and wondered which is the best one because I’ll be teaching myself a lot of the content. The new 1-9 text book is on amazon for £10 am I better off just buying that or another revision guide?
Reply 1
Yes CGP is good or instead you can buy the Snaprevise videos course or look at the free science lessons course which is free! Good to see you starting now, if you need any help pm me. I'm doing GCSES and triple science at the moment, so will be happy to help you with anything you find difficult once my exams are over 😊

Original post by Lucyyyxox
I’m currently in year 10 and I’m trying to get ahead and start revising for GCSEs next year. I do triple science and my exam board is AQA. Physics is one of my weakest subjects. My teacher isn’t the best and our school is still using old text books not the new 1-9 text books so a lot of the new content isn’t even in the text books . I’m looking to get a revision guide and wondered which is the best one because I’ll be teaching myself a lot of the content. The new 1-9 text book is on amazon for £10 am I better off just buying that or another revision guide?
Reply 2
Also the actual exam board AQA Gcse 9-1 Oxford textbooks are good- they're a bit long but I guess if you're teaching yourself you want stuff in more detail. They're £20 though might be cheaper now so you might want to check

Original post by Sabz152
Yes CGP is good or instead you can buy the Snaprevise videos course or look at the free science lessons course which is free! Good to see you starting now, if you need any help pm me. I'm doing GCSES and triple science at the moment, so will be happy to help you with anything you find difficult once my exams are over 😊

BUY THE COLLINS

https://www.amazon.co.uk/GCSE-Physics-Revision-Guide-Collins/dp/0008160694/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1524758107&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=collins+physics+gcse&dpPl=1&dpID=51Uk%2BaALMHL&ref=plSrch

you’re welcome
Reply 4
Original post by Sabz152
Also the actual exam board AQA Gcse 9-1 Oxford textbooks are good- they're a bit long but I guess if you're teaching yourself you want stuff in more detail. They're £20 though might be cheaper now so you might want to check

Thank you so much! I’ll definitely have to look at those free videos
Reply 5

Thank you I’ll have to have a look at this. Do you know if it covers the required practicals as well?

there are revision guides of the textbooks you use in class, here's the link:
https://www.hive.co.uk/Product/Niva-Miles/AQA-GCSE-Biology-Revision-Guide/20380553?gclid=Cj0KCQjw8YXXBRDXARIsAMzsQuW_u7XUqrVtDz32ldHsKUNu9WP_V_-pAt4HPkEU_mK6Q_ru685TQDQaAoSoEALw_wcB

tbh the cgp books can be full of waffle so by getting that one you will have the exact things you need to know for the exam.
Thank you I’ll have to have a look at this. Do you know if it covers the required practicals as well?

Yes it definitely does, it’s so worth purchasing
Reply 8
Original post by Xysaxbelx
there are revision guides of the textbooks you use in class, here's the link:
https://www.hive.co.uk/Product/Niva-Miles/AQA-GCSE-Biology-Revision-Guide/20380553?gclid=Cj0KCQjw8YXXBRDXARIsAMzsQuW_u7XUqrVtDz32ldHsKUNu9WP_V_-pAt4HPkEU_mK6Q_ru685TQDQaAoSoEALw_wcB

tbh the cgp books can be full of waffle so by getting that one you will have the exact things you need to know for the exam.

Thank you
Reply 9
Worth looking at the free stuff first. I find it actually way more helpful than the revision guides. FreeScienceLessons on YouTube and Seneca Learning (revision site) are the ones I find best !
Reply 10
If you're mainly teaching yourself, I recommend MyGCSEScience online. You have to pay to subscribe, but you get videos of all of the biology, physics and chemistry papers, and also practise papers for each topic. It has definitely saved me this year. If you just want a revision guide, the CGP ones are amazing. I have them for all of my subjects, and they make everything so simple. They cover all the required practicals, and also all the math skills you need.
Collins is by far the best - most condensed and good practice questions
I like the Collins too, just get it on Amazon

Quick Reply

Latest