The Student Room Group

english literature GCSE 2018 predictions OFFICIAL THREAD

What texts are you guys doing and based on the past characters/themes that have come up last year and in the samples what do u and your teachers think will come up?
Im doing Much ado about nothing, last year it was claudio and like patriarchal society i think. I dont know what it could possibly be this year.

Jekyll and Hyde, any guesses, last year it was jekyll and sympathy, the sample paper was hyde and fear. Any guesses?

Inspector calls, last year mrs birling and society(?), sample paper sheila and how she changed. Exam board released 2 more examples including gerald and eva smith. Any guesses?

And lastly im doing love and relationships poetry cluster last year was mother any distance. Sonnet 29, follower, letters from yorkshire have come up in sample papers/specimens. any guesses?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Inspector calls maybe Eric or Birling?

Original post by tasniaahad
What texts are you guys doing and based on the past characters/themes that have come up last year and in the samples what do u and your teachers think will come up?
Im doing Much ado about nothing, last year it was claudio and like patriarchal society i think. I dont know what it could possibly be this year.

Jekyll and Hyde, any guesses, last year it was jekyll and sympathy, the sample paper was hyde and fear. Any guesses?

Inspector calls, last year mrs birling and society(?), sample paper sheila and how she changed. Exam board released 2 more examples including gerald and eva smith. Any guesses?

And lastly im doing love and relationships poetry cluster last year was mother any distance. Sonnet 29, follower, letters from yorkshire have come up in sample papers/specimens. any guesses?

For the love and relationships poetry cluster my teacher thinks when we two parted or neutral tones

where did you get the other specimen papers from? i only have access to one set of papers
Original post by emily897
For the love and relationships poetry cluster my teacher thinks when we two parted or neutral tones

i have a strong feeling its going to be winter swans

my predictions:
inspector calls - something to do with eric or gerald
jekyll and hyde - something to do with lanyon or utterson being caring

sorry, im doing romeo and juliet and power and conflict cluster
Original post by Harry_Spencer
my predictions:
inspector calls - something to do with eric or gerald
jekyll and hyde - something to do with lanyon or utterson being caring

sorry, im doing romeo and juliet and power and conflict cluster

so what do you think the question would be this year??? cause last year was men and violence, i think it would be something to do with women or maybe fate
Original post by Michelle Parks
so what do you think the question would be this year??? cause last year was men and violence, i think it would be something to do with women or maybe fate

for Romeo and Juliet?

hmm yeah, last year was male aggression, potentially this year will be on a character? if it was I think it would be on someone like the Friar or Nurse
BUT if its a theme yeah I think you might be right, fate/destiny is a decent theme and they'd probably give the prologue for the extract

if you're doing power/conflict poetry cluster I reckon it'll be on remains or poppies about the importance of memory

but as you know, no one knows what the questions will be, stupid GCSEs :/
for Romeo and Juliet?

hmm yeah, last year was male aggression, potentially this year will be on a character? if it was I think it would be on someone like the Friar or Nurse
BUT if its a theme yeah I think you might be right, fate/destiny is a decent theme and they'd probably give the prologue for the extract

if you're doing power/conflict poetry cluster I reckon it'll be on remains or poppies about the importance of memory

i always thought it would be a character like the nurse/friar cause it would be hard but you noe its gcse's. but if u were doing the love and relationships cluster i really think that Loves philosophy would come up
i always thought it would be a character like the nurse/friar cause it would be hard but you noe its gcse's. but if u were doing the love and relationships cluster i really think that Loves philosophy would come up

cool, good luck in all your exams! whatever you're aiming for!
that was last years poem xx

Original post by rumana098
i have a strong feeling its going to be winter swans
No last years poem was mother any distance - AQA exam board
for Romeo and Juliet?

The prologue would be bless
Original post by Brexit111
The prologue would be bless

My teachers were disappointed that it was such a bad scene last year so hopefully this year will be a good one
Original post by rumana098
No last years poem was mother any distance - AQA exam board

sorry i meant the november resit paper for 2017
My teachers were disappointed that it was such a bad scene last year so hopefully this year will be a good one

I have a feeling it would be too easy

Our school teachers believe it might be something to do with women society views or mercutio and comedic characters.
macbeth: maybe something to do with or kingship/Duncan/loyalty

jekyll and hyde: Utterson or reputation

inspector calls : Mr Birling as cruel?

power and conflict: London because it is short and simple(they will need us to read the other 3 questions on the paper), last year it was war/conflict and specimen was nature so it leaves power over humans.
These are my predictions:

Romeo and juliet: females in society or mecutio and comedic characters

Jekyll and Hyde:
Texts : utterson introduction or carew murder

inspector calls: Mr Birling or Family theme or Eric

power and conflict: London or Checking out me history or kamikaze
themes: nature/society
https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/ea/HomeoftheBrave/2014/01/08/practice-essay-questions-int-2-and-national-5/

If anyone wants to practice some easy questions here are some for all sections!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending