The Student Room Group

As level math P1 discussion for 9th may

Let’s put this group for discussing math , the exam is tmr , we can discuss here , who else has exam tmr

Scroll to see replies

I've got an exam tomorrow too, along with IT Theory
I have my exam tomorrow. Anyone has the paper of Feb 2018 ?
Original post by DiptoBiswas
I have my exam tomorrow. Anyone has the paper of Feb 2018 ?

I couldn’t find that paper
Original post by SpeedDemon918
I've got an exam tomorrow too, along with IT Theory

What do u guys find difficult ? How many past papers have u done and which years
i found this question about sequences and i don’t seem to know how to continue any further. “The sum of the first n terms of an arithmetic progression is 1/2(3n 7). Find the first term and the common difference of the progression.” Any help would be appreciated xx (btw reference is nov.17 paper 12)
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Universecolors
I couldn’t find that paper

:frown:
Original post by 1234123456785678
i found this question about sequences and i don’t seem to know how to continue any further. “The sun of the first n terms of an arithmetic progression is 1/2(3n+7). Find the first term and the common difference of the progression.” This is what i’ve done so far but i’m not sure how to eliminate any of the variables. Any help would be appreciated xx (btw reference is nov.17 paper 12)
If ana_n is the sequence, and SnS_n the sum, then Sn=a1+a2+...+anS_n = a_1 + a_2 + ... + a_n.

So, what do you get if you calculate SnSn1S_n - S_{n-1}?
Original post by DFranklin
If ana_n is the sequence, and SnS_n the sum, then Sn=a1+a2+...+anS_n = a_1 + a_2 + ... + a_n.

So, what do you get if you calculate SnSn1S_n - S_{n-1}?

a_n?
Original post by 1234123456785678
a_n?
Yes. So since you are given a formula for SnS_n, you can find a formula for a_n. Once you have a_n, then a1a_1 is the first term, and akak1a_k - a_{k-1} should equal the same thing for any choice of k and be the common difference.
Yes. So since you are given a formula for SnS_n, you can find a formula for a_n. Once you have a_n, then a1a_1 is the first term, and akak1a_k - a_{k-1} should equal the same thing for any choice of k and be the common difference.

Do u guys feel like ur prepared ? Idk for me , how many past papers did u guys do : (
Original post by Universecolors
Do u guys feel like ur prepared ? Idk for me , how many past papers did u guys do : (
Kind of pointless asking me. I graduated almost 30 years ago.
I have the Feb 2018 paper but I don't have the mark scheme
Which exam board is this?
Here is the question paper

oooh thank you!!
Original post by Greenapplepear
Which exam board is this?

CIE
Reply 17
Original post by SpeedDemon918
Here is the question paper

You posting??
Original post by Helisls
You posting??

Doesn't it work ??
(edited 5 years ago)