The Student Room Group

got told my resit was in june booked a holiday for may now told it’s in may

Hi i just sat my level 3 computing btec exam i know for sure i didn’t do well and will need a resit but i don’t know if i’ll be there to attend what can i do because i was told june and now they changed it to may.
Email or call whoever is managing your exams and inquire about what is going on, and don't panic or worry over your results, when I sat my Eng Lang GCSE a while ago I was panicking because it was my weakest subject but I left with a grade 5 (I was 2 marks from a grade 6). I wish you the best of luck with your exams!
Can you find the exam timetable on your exam board's website to check? (Some people still use June to refer to the summer exam period in general, so they may not have meant June in a literal sense if this was discussed before exam timetables were available.)
Original post by r_burner
Hi i just sat my level 3 computing btec exam i know for sure i didn’t do well and will need a resit but i don’t know if i’ll be there to attend what can i do because i was told june and now they changed it to may.

Why did you book a holiday in school time?

Nothings been changed. Unit 2 exam is planned for (and has been for a while) for 10th May 2023, but as @Interia has said, they are called May/June exams. Either way, as @Muttley79 has already stated, why have you planned a holiday in term time, especially so close to the end of a course. Even if the exam was in June, surely you would be attending essential revision classes in May for the new exam, particularly if you struggled with this one. Lets hope you did better than you thought and at least get enough marks for a Pass or Near Pass.
Reply 5
Where has that date been told because my course tutor says he has no date for the exam yet? and he’s thinking it’ll be in june

Original post by bamtutor
Nothings been changed. Unit 2 exam is planned for (and has been for a while) for 10th May 2023, but as @Interia has said, they are called May/June exams. Either way, as @Muttley79 has already stated, why have you planned a holiday in term time, especially so close to the end of a course. Even if the exam was in June, surely you would be attending essential revision classes in May for the new exam, particularly if you struggled with this one. Lets hope you did better than you thought and at least get enough marks for a Pass or Near Pass.
The exam period is always may/June. Same as GCSEs and A levels. Why are you booking a holiday in the standard exam window and term time?
Where has that date been told because my course tutor says he has no date for the exam yet? and he’s thinking it’ll be in june

Has been on Pearson website since October and also sent to Exams officers. Teachers should all have access to / input to the overall assessment plan when they plan course delivery so I'm surprised they weren't aware of exam dates. https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/exams/exam-timetables.html
Reply 8
Original post by bamtutor
Has been on Pearson website since October and also sent to Exams officers. Teachers should all have access to / input to the overall assessment plan when they plan course delivery so I'm surprised they weren't aware of exam dates. https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/exams/exam-timetables.html

If i’m not mistaken it says IT - Creating Systems to Manage Information Unit 2 Part A is set for 9th May 2023 and part B has no date released?
If i’m not mistaken it says IT - Creating Systems to Manage Information Unit 2 Part A is set for 9th May 2023 and part B has no date released?

From what I understand Part B is always the morning after Part A.

part A is the 9th
part B is the 10th
all in may

Quick Reply

Latest