The Student Room Group

CCEA Chemistry A2 3 Practical A

any tips for the practical exam for this thursday? anyone else doing the exam?
Reply 1
Original post by apaul322
any tips for the practical exam for this thursday? anyone else doing the exam?

Yes!! Have u any ideas??
Reply 2
i just lookedd over the colours of all the different tests.. i dont know what else to look over

Original post by 190
Yes!! Have u any ideas??
Reply 3
i just lookedd over the colours of all the different tests.. i dont know what else to look over

I think whats worrying me is that they will ask us for some method or draw a stupid diagram that i dont know. This should be part B but our teacher said they told her at the support event (and ccea powerpoint) that the assement can include these??!
Reply 4
Original post by 190
I think whats worrying me is that they will ask us for some method or draw a stupid diagram that i dont know. This should be part B but our teacher said they told her at the support event (and ccea powerpoint) that the assement can include these??!

Really???? i thought it was just observations on this test...what kind of diagrams and methods do u know?
Reply 5
Really???? i thought it was just observations on this test...what kind of diagrams and methods do u know?

No idea, but the specimen paper has some ‘explain ur dilutions for 4 marks’ and u have to draw a tlc plate. Theres a powerpoint on ccea website that says about the practical booklet assessment and it says’ observation, processing results, methodology, diagrams, risk Assessment and variable’
Reply 6
Original post by 190
No idea, but the specimen paper has some ‘explain ur dilutions for 4 marks’ and u have to draw a tlc plate. Theres a powerpoint on ccea website that says about the practical booklet assessment and it says’ observation, processing results, methodology, diagrams, risk Assessment and variable’

wheres this powerpoint located?
Reply 7
wheres this powerpoint located?

Go onto new spec chemistry >support> a2 support event powerpoint
Reply 8
Original post by 190
Go onto new spec chemistry >support> a2 support event powerpoint

cheers matee.... i asked my friends and they said diagrams and procedures will only come in practical B booklet not tmros one
Reply 9
I mean I hope so too, but after all it is ccea were dealing with😂😂
Reply 10
Original post by 190
I mean I hope so too, but after all it is ccea were dealing with😂😂

true..CCEA can be sneaky
Reply 11
cheers matee.... i asked my friends and they said diagrams and procedures will only come in practical B booklet not tmros one

do u think colorimetry will come up tmro?
Reply 12
do u think colorimetry will come up tmro?

Why do u thinkso?? I would highly doubt it as our school doesnt have near enough colorimeters for everyone i really hope it doesnt
Reply 13
Original post by 190
Why do u thinkso?? I would highly doubt it as our school doesnt have near enough colorimeters for everyone i really hope it doesnt

coz its in the practical booklet but i doubt it will come up tbh

Quick Reply

Latest