The Student Room Group

Should I repeat Chemistry exams?

These are my AS results:
Biology - A
Maths - A
Chemistry - B
Physics - C (dropped at A2)

I know, I probably sound delusional bringing this up but I want to study medicinal chemistry, the grade requirements for my chosen course are AAA-ABB with an A in chemistry.

In my modules I got a C in unit 1, B in unit 2, and a C in unit 3 (practical). It’s likely very close to a c overall, so I’m concerned I won’t be able to get an A at A2, or I might fail the practical component and be auto rejected for that..

Either way I will still get onto another great course with ABB without the A in chemistry, but it’s not my top choice.

Thanks so much ❤️
Original post by Interac
These are my AS results:
Biology - A
Maths - A
Chemistry - B
Physics - C (dropped at A2)

I know, I probably sound delusional bringing this up but I want to study medicinal chemistry, the grade requirements for my chosen course are AAA-ABB with an A in chemistry.

In my modules I got a C in unit 1, B in unit 2, and a C in unit 3 (practical). It’s likely very close to a c overall, so I’m concerned I won’t be able to get an A at A2, or I might fail the practical component and be auto rejected for that..

Either way I will still get onto another great course with ABB without the A in chemistry, but it’s not my top choice.

Thanks so much ❤️

Hey I think it's never wrong to try again. Nothing wrong with revisiting your year 12 modules. Either way a good basic will definitely help when you start A2.

Quick Reply

Latest