The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government and Politics A-Level 3C and 4C 2018 Predictions

Hi, I am currently self-studying politics and so don't have a teacher who could help me with this. Does anyone have any predictions for the paper on representative processes in the USA?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by Serena k poodles
Hi, I am currently self-studying politics and so don't have a teacher who could help me with this. Does anyone have any predictions for the paper on representative processes in the USA?

I think we could potentially have a 45 marker on the presidential candidate nomination system. I don't know why the politics threads seem to be so dead this year.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by sophia1928
I think we could potentially have a 45 marker on the presidential candidate nomination system. I don't know why the politics threads seem to be so dead this year.

it's always been the case till like perhaps a day before the exam. and then people start asking for help. It seems to me many just want to scrap a pass so that they can just get into any uni for any course. The mentality seems to be that so long as they get into uni they're fine.

which topics have you focused for 3C and 4C? have you been studying diligently or just memorizing answers?
Original post by Audrey18
it's always been the case till like perhaps a day before the exam. and then people start asking for help. It seems to me many just want to scrap a pass so that they can just get into any uni for any course. The mentality seems to be that so long as they get into uni they're fine.

which topics have you focused for 3C and 4C? have you been studying diligently or just memorizing answers?

You're probably right. At the moment I'm focusing on pressure groups, political parties and elections and voting (just doing 3c). I've only planned a few questions for race and ethnicity because I find that topic really hard. I've sort of been doing a mixture of both. I've done quite a lot of essay plans and mind maps and now i'm just sort of doing flashcards and writing out my essays to memorise them. Seems like no matter what I do though I can't remember my examples. How about you?
You're probably right. At the moment I'm focusing on pressure groups, political parties and elections and voting (just doing 3c). I've only planned a few questions for race and ethnicity because I find that topic really hard. I've sort of been doing a mixture of both. I've done quite a lot of essay plans and mind maps and now i'm just sort of doing flashcards and writing out my essays to memorise them. Seems like no matter what I do though I can't remember my examples. How about you?

im doing both 3C and 4C. I suggest you keep reading the chapters multiple times. then draw out mindmaps. once you have the mindmaps then don't look at your textbook anymore. and then start doing exam questions. you need to write fast for edexcel politics. cos there's so much to write but very little time. if you freak out now it's not going to help you one bit. only you can help yourself now.
Reply 6
Hi I find myself in the same position, monitoring the thread last year it's true it blows up about a week earliest before the exam: I would think that in terms if 45 markers anyway perhaps on the primaries, on constitutional and non constitutional presidential requirements, and evaluation of the whole system it's self (presidential elections), and perhaps what I would hate- midterms
Reply 7
Original post by Serena k poodles

Just throwing some more ideas out, sorry for the lack of order I'm out of the house for most of the day, would perhaps expect party divisions and how each Obama and trump perhaps have moved away from traditional values, party decine/renewal as a 15 marker one of them has previously already come up would expect the other to show up, pressure groups and methods of influencing the executive, perhaps a role of pressure groups in elections as a whole- feel free to add in haha
I was thinking on the same lines actually. I definitely agree with those 15 markers as well and I doubt there will be a 45 marker on political parties so I would say something about the system for nominating presidential candidates, and something about pressure groups and their influence on the executive is likely to come up or perhaps something on the factors that lead to pressure group success?
Original post by Cxvphr
Just throwing some more ideas out, sorry for the lack of order I'm out of the house for most of the day, would perhaps expect party divisions and how each Obama and trump perhaps have moved away from traditional values, party decine/renewal as a 15 marker one of them has previously already come up would expect the other to show up, pressure groups and methods of influencing the executive, perhaps a role of pressure groups in elections as a whole- feel free to add in haha
I was thinking on the same lines actually. I definitely agree with those 15 markers as well and I doubt there will be a 45 marker on political parties so I would say something about the system for nominating presidential candidates, and something about pressure groups and their influence on the executive is likely to come up or perhaps something on the factors that lead to pressure group success?

I really don't like the idea of the question on pressure groups and te executive, I don't even know what I would say except for financing presidential campaigns and Iron triangles and regulatory capture.
Reply 10
I really don't like the idea of the question on pressure groups and te executive, I don't even know what I would say except for financing presidential campaigns and Iron triangles and regulatory capture.

Sorry still not In the house- I'd imagine to influence exec:
Supporting while candidate is running for election: NRA giving 15million to trump= his bs stance on gun rights
Influencing nomination of congress and supreme court= them having their views stood their and thus president being tied down?
And then as you said iron triangles
Reply 11

Yeah sorry not in yet so I don't have the list of past questions but could be a 15 marker on internal party divisions then, dunno if they'd touch nominating process as I know for sure their was a 45 marker on that a while back but hoping something on electoral process make it nice
Original post by Cxvphr
Yeah sorry not in yet so I don't have the list of past questions but could be a 15 marker on internal party divisions then, dunno if they'd touch nominating process as I know for sure their was a 45 marker on that a while back but hoping something on electoral process make it nice

Hi, thanks for the advice. Tbh they have had two essays on the electoral college recently, but only one on the nominating process for presidential candidates, so I have a feeling they could make that a 45 marker, or perhaps something on congressional elections. I would like if they did a nomination process one though. I think they may also focus on the democratic party in 15 markers as they always seem to focus on the republican party in the past
Reply 13
Hi, thanks for the advice. Tbh they have had two essays on the electoral college recently, but only one on the nominating process for presidential candidates, so I have a feeling they could make that a 45 marker, or perhaps something on congressional elections. I would like if they did a nomination process one though. I think they may also focus on the democratic party in 15 markers as they always seem to focus on the republican party in the past

Yeah I agree with all of that, crossing my fingers they don't have a congressional elections 45 marker, just because I hate congress, but with the democratic party 15 marker I agree and nomination 45 marker I can only hope
Original post by Cxvphr
Yeah I agree with all of that, crossing my fingers they don't have a congressional elections 45 marker, just because I hate congress, but with the democratic party 15 marker I agree and nomination 45 marker I can only hope

same, I would actually die if it were on congressional elections. I find that question too specific really. I wish you the best of luck.
Reply 15
tttt
Reply 16
Personally I think there could be a 45m for parties that could like differences between main parties or a polarisation question because they haven't really come up. I'm not sure nominations one will be a Q. I agree with the pressure group Qs
I'm praying for a question on Democrat splits/factions
Original post by Jwalt0
Personally I think there could be a 45m for parties that could like differences between main parties or a polarisation
p question because they haven't really come up. I'm not sure nominations one will be a Q. I agree with the pressure group Qs

I think there have been a lot of 45 markers for parties recently so I don't think one will come up. They've only done the nomination process once and the electoral college twice, so they may go for the nomination's process. Who knows though.
Reply 19
I second that, but they haven't really touched in terms of 45 markers congressional elections and mid terms and with the mid terms especially coming up they might have decided to be asses and put that in, but still hoping there's something strong aimed at the presidential elections- would make life bareable

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending