The Student Room Group

Gcse OCR Computer Science 9-1 ( 14th May )

I was wondering how everyone’s paper went today ? How was it guys ?

Scroll to see replies

It was good, I have to say :smile:
How did you find it?
Reply 2
It’s was good too surprisingly I found the paper really easy just the utility software program question put me off a
Yh it was too easy so now the grade boundaries are gonna be really high 😷
64 marks for a Grade 9??
What did you guys write for the additional utility program?
Also did you guys make sure to cast your variable with "int" when writing the algorithm to convert from Megabytes to bytes?
like e.g userinput = int(("Please enter the size of your file in Megabytes"))
the computer exam was alright although some weird questions?
what did you guys put for the smtp and imap question? (2 marks)
Original post by DevPatel050602
What did you guys write for the additional utility program?
Also did you guys make sure to cast your variable with "int" when writing the algorithm to convert from Megabytes to bytes?
like e.g userinput = int(("Please enter the size of your file in Megabytes":wink:)

did you times or divide by 1 million
Reply 8
I felt the paper went really well (probably due to a weekend of cramming 😂) and I think most people in my group did too, though a couple of questions were a bit odd. I didn't expect any programming, albeit pseudocode, to crop up, but didn't hate it. The island 8-marker was weird though, what did everyone think about that?
Original post by poptart100
did you times or divide by 1 million

I just did ((userinput*1024)*1024) lol
Original post by hananah!
I felt the paper went really well (probably due to a weekend of cramming 😂) and I think most people in my group did too, though a couple of questions were a bit odd. I didn't expect any programming, albeit pseudocode, to crop up, but didn't hate it. The island 8-marker was weird though, what did everyone think about that?

I said that it was ethically wrong because they might have already have an established medium of communication, I mean it's a 100 people island, they would be throwing traditional teachings right out the window. I also said that businesses will be positively impacted because they might get exposure on social media which will act as free advertising for them, in addition to that I wrote that internet service providers and organisations that sell products for instance eBay will be positively impacted. This is because the ISPs gain more customers, and the organisations can say that they sell their products to remote areas such as an island blah blah, I just tried to fill the page because I had so much time left over.

Also the last question really threw me off...
Reply 11
Original post by InfinityVirozon
64 marks for a Grade 9??

Yh, i hope so, I counted my marks and I'm guessing that i got between 65 and 75 marks out of 80 (really hoping for 75 tho lol)

Boundaries might be high though, but this depends on paper 2 cause if paper 2 is hard then there will be lower boundaries

I am predicting 140/160 for a grade 9 at its worst (basically highest) for both papers in total
I just did ((userinput*1024)*1024) lol

Yeah I read that:
1000 * 1000
1024*1024
are all allowed
Yeah I read that:
1000 * 1000
1024*1024
are all allowed

yeh, what did you get for the three potential threats that the network can face when it connects to the internet?
also i have a biology exam i should be revising for rofl
I said that it was ethically wrong because they might have already have an established medium of communication, I mean it's a 100 people island, they would be throwing traditional teachings right out the window. I also said that businesses will be positively impacted because they might get exposure on social media which will act as free advertising for them, in addition to that I wrote that internet service providers and organisations that sell products for instance eBay will be positively impacted. This is because the ISPs gain more customers, and the organisations can say that they sell their products to remote areas such as an island blah blah, I just tried to fill the page because I had so much time left over.

Also the last question really threw me off...

the smtp and imap question, yeah that messed me up as well
yeh, what did you get for the three potential threats that the network can face when it connects to the internet?
also i have a biology exam i should be revising for rofl

brute force attack explained with way to prevent
passive attack explained with way to prevent
malware Trojan explained and way to prevent

I also have a biology exam tomorrow but we have biology revision lessons all day
brute force attack explained with way to prevent
passive attack explained with way to prevent
malware Trojan explained and way to prevent

I also have a biology exam tomorrow but we have biology revision lessons all day

do you reckon the following would woork?

sql injection, with prevention
phishing, with prevention

i had trojan horse as well

phishing yes because that was like what everybody else was saying but Ido not know about sql injection but it probably is there

I don't think they'll accept SQL injection because it was a home network not a web form. But they should accept the other 2.

Would a 'denial of service' attack be accepted. For ways of preventing it, I just talked about the use of penetrative testing....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending