The Student Room Group

AQA Physics GCSE [Triple] 8463 - 23rd May 2018 [Exam Discussion]

what topics do you guys think will be predominant in the exam? i'm thinking lots of electricity maybe?

Scroll to see replies

electricity biggest topic so yh and probably lots of energy aswell maybe some nuclear equations
Reply 2
Original post by RainDancess
electricity biggest topic so yh and probably lots of energy aswell maybe some nuclear equations

tbh i'm hoping lots comes up for radiation and the atomic model (but i doubt it will because there was lots about this in the mock papers)
Reply 3
[QUOTE=:)Esss[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];77702358]what topics do you guys think will be predominant in the exam? i'm thinking lots of electricity maybe?

What didn’t come in the sample paper (electrolysis didn’t come up much on sample paper for chem but it did on actual one)
[QUOTE=:)Esss[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];77702508]tbh i'm hoping lots comes up for radiation and the atomic model (but i doubt it will because there was lots about this in the mock papers)

yh that would be good, maybe a 5 marker on shc or latent heat that nobody else would get right

love physics lol
Reply 5
Original post by P.S.
What didn’t come in the sample paper (electrolysis didn’t come up much on sample paper for chem but it did on actual one)

yhh electrolysis didn't come up much on mock paper either but to be fair the monoclonal antibodies for bio came up on specimen and mock and the real exam (plus it was 4/6 marker as well that kinda surprised me ngl)
[QUOTE=:)Esss[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];77702358]what topics do you guys think will be predominant in the exam? i'm thinking lots of electricity maybe?

foundation physics boys lets go
Reply 7
yh that would be good, maybe a 5 marker on shc or latent heat that nobody else would get right

love physics lol

physics is my least favourite out of all the sciences but i somehow managed to do the best in it.. i like physics paper 1, paper 2 is just a whole other story- i am acc DREADING it
Im trying to learn the entire physics paper 1 course today. wish me luck
Reply 9
Original post by stressing4gcses

same i'm doing physics today as well. just gonna memorise everything and hope for the best. Good Luck!!
[QUOTE=:)Esss[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];77703096]same i'm doing physics today as well. just gonna memorise everything and hope for the best. Good Luck!!

Original post by stressing4gcses

good luck both of u lol do required practicals, u should be able to do it and dont skip stuff, revise practice (:
Reply 11
good luck both of u lol do required practicals, u should be able to do it and dont skip stuff, revise practice (:

there are 5 required practicals for paper 1 right? i have a feeling that one of them for electricity might come up bc the already did specific heat capacity which was one of the trickier ones in specimen set 2 papers and the reducing unwanted energy transfer one seems way too straightforward
[QUOTE=:)Esss[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];77702968]physics is my least favourite out of all the sciences but i somehow managed to do the best in it.. i like physics paper 1, paper 2 is just a whole other story- i am acc DREADING it

Paper 2 has a lot more content
[QUOTE=:)Esss[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];77703342]there are 5 required practicals for paper 1 right? i have a feeling that one of them for electricity might come up bc the already did specific heat capacity which was one of the trickier ones in specimen set 2 papers and the reducing unwanted energy transfer one seems way too straightforward

yh there could be a sneaky one which is easy but it asks for it in a weird way from chem and bio this could happen.
i reacon it will be electricity one yes.

also specimin set 2? link please.
and
Reply 14
yh there could be a sneaky one which is easy but it asks for it in a weird way from chem and bio this could happen.
i reacon it will be electricity one yes.

also specimin set 2? link please.

specimen set 2 are locked, i only have a hard copy of them bc of mocks so don't have link sorry
Reply 15
Original post by Tylersonic245
Paper 2 has a lot more content

it's not even about the quantity of content , it's about the actual content (tbh i think they should've spaced it out more evenly bc almost all of the harder topics are in paper 2 except like space)
[QUOTE=:)Esss[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];77703470]it's not even about the quantity of content , it's about the actual content (tbh i think they should've spaced it out more evenly bc almost all of the harder topics are in paper 2 except like space)

I think that nuclear radiation will definitely be in the P1 exam as it hasn't been covered much in the mocks
Reply 17
Original post by Tylersonic245
I think that nuclear radiation will definitely be in the P1 exam as it hasn't been covered much in the mocks

yh fission and fusion came up but nothing on irridiation/contamination/background radiation
Reply 18
do we need to know how a nuclear reactor works??
[QUOTE=:)Esss[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];77703996]do we need to know how a nuclear reactor works??

nope not in the spec

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending