The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History: France in Revolution 2H, 2018 predictions?

wanted to start a discussion on what could come up on this years paper as I'm torn on what to prioritise with my revision. 2017's questions were as follows:
source - Napoleon's Russian Campaign
essays -
‘Between the October Days of 1789 and September 1791, the National Assembly completely dismantled the Ancien Régime.’
How significant was the rising in the Vendée in the radicalisation of the revolution
in 1793?
‘Personal ambition was more important than revolutionary principles in Napoleon's consolidation of power in the years 1799 to 1804.’

my prediction is that something prior to 1789 could come up like the economic crisis, or perhaps something on the First Coalition (nightmare), I hope the Terror comes up or more on Napoleon.

if anyone has any ideas on what could come up, please discuss :smile:
I think it will be mostly Year 1 content this time (so does my History teacher), mostly because the Source Q was Nap, the last essay Q was Nap and honestly so was the second one... That's an awful lot of Napoleon for just one paper and I think they'll want to show variety in this years paper... I'm thinking the Terror, political groups or just one of the many systems of government they had over those few years.... Or perhaps something to do with war? Not sure, there's a lot that could come up :/
My predictions are that either:

Causes of the French Revolution will come up
something for the Legislative Assembly
something on the Directory
or the very last years of Napoleon

That's basically everything that didn't come up last year
Is that what our history teacher predicted too? :biggrin:
Original post by hristina5
My predictions are that either:

Causes of the French Revolution will come up
something for the Legislative Assembly
something on the Directory
or the very last years of Napoleon

That's basically everything that didn't come up last year
Does anyone know how to answer source questions?
Original post by saskiasomanah
Is that what our history teacher predicted too? :biggrin:

He didn't predict anything -_-
Does anyone know what came up on the AS paper this year as we can have a guideline like that?
What came up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending