The Student Room Group

To be perfectly honest...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that there are people on this site who have overcome anxiety and related problems and could have offered some constructive advice as to how they dealt with and overcame it, unfortunately it looks like this didn't happen on your previous thread. People are sh*tty sometimes.
For me personally, I'm not too dissimilar to yourself. About the same age, 19, experienced panic attacks but not to the same degree as yourself I don't think judging by your post, mainly anxiety that makes talking to people difficult. Loneliness, depression and so on. I never really comment on threads such as the one you posted because I have nothing to say; I was and still am struggling so can't offer advice to improve. But seeing that you've had success in turning severe panic attacks into general anxiety honestly gives me hope, idk how you did it but seeing it is possible to improve I find uplifting.
Thank you.

People really are. It really is possible to improve, I thought this would never happen so trust me, there is hope for you.

Honestly feel free to message me at any time and I will help you with whatever you need!
Original post by chloeindie
Thank you so much, this has made me feel a lot better! :smile:

No problem! I was reading your post and expected you to ask for some advice at the end, but instead it seems like you are proud of what you've accomplished and that's all you could ask for! You are setting an example to others who suffer from anxiety (including me) and educating some of those who leave inconsiderate comments.

Keep going, it'll all be worth it!
Reply 22
Original post by Baza2002
I know. Also, what do they achieve from being negative?
What music do you like?

Exactly!

Oh god that's a hard question... it can be anything from AC/DC to Oasis, Prince to Michael Jackson, Kings of Leon, Stereophonics... I have a very large variety!

How about you?
Reply 23
Original post by Criminalis
No problem! I was reading your post and expected you to ask for some advice at the end, but instead it seems like you are proud of what you've accomplished and that's all you could ask for! You are setting an example to others who suffer from anxiety (including me) and educating some of those who leave inconsiderate comments.

Keep going, it'll all be worth it!

Thank you so much! Feel free to message me any time and I'll try and help as much as I can! :smile:
Exactly!

Oh god that's a hard question... it can be anything from AC/DC to Oasis, Prince to Michael Jackson, Kings of Leon, Stereophonics... I have a very large variety!

How about you?

Michael Jackson
Jermaine Jackson
Jackie Jackson
Marlon Jackson
Tito Jackson

My favourite song is Dreamer by The Jacksons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0kkJAXoA28

What do you do in your free time?
Reply 25
Michael Jackson
Jermaine Jackson
Jackie Jackson
Marlon Jackson
Tito Jackson

My favourite song is Dreamer by The Jacksons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0kkJAXoA28

What do you do in your free time?

Ah god I don't think I could ever pick my favourite Jackson song, currently I can't stop listening to Just Can't Stop Loving You.

In my free time I play guitar and piano pretty much. I do a music course so I'm very into music :smile: How about you?
I just listen to music and either revise, watch football or play fifa/gta/tomb raider/mario kart, or come on TSR.
Do you do any gaming?
Reply 27
I just listen to music and either revise, watch football or play fifa/gta/tomb raider/mario kart, or come on TSR.
Do you do any gaming?

I do a fair bit of gaming but it's a very wide variety of games! From games on Steam to stuff on PS4 really, I couldn't pick a favourite as I enjoy all types of games!
Say it louder for the people at the back
I do a fair bit of gaming but it's a very wide variety of games! From games on Steam to stuff on PS4 really, I couldn't pick a favourite as I enjoy all types of games!

What games do you play the most?
Reply 30
What games do you play the most?

I mean, it can be games from Halo to Terraria, from COD to Rollercoaster Tycoon. I'm honestly a fan of most games!
I mean, it can be games from Halo to Terraria, from COD to Rollercoaster Tycoon. I'm honestly a fan of most games!

Are you xbox or playstation? I'm Xbox. If you're on Xbox, you can beat me on COD if you want?
Reply 32
Are you xbox or playstation? I'm Xbox. If you're on Xbox, you can beat me on COD if you want?

Noooo I'm on PS4 and play PC games too :frown:
Noooo I'm on PS4 and play PC games too :frown:

:frown:
What subject was your favourite in school?
Reply 34
:frown:
What subject was your favourite in school?

That's a hard one because I really used to hate school, but I'd probably have to say drama. How about you?
That's a hard one because I really used to hate school, but I'd probably have to say drama. How about you?

I love maths (and have my further maths GCSE tomorrow).
What have you done today?

Quick Reply

Latest