The Student Room Group

Girls - what makeup do you wear on a day-to-day basis?

Scroll to see replies

BB cream, sometimes pencil eyeliner.
I can’t believe you didn’t mention concealer. Concealer is a GO TO for me 😭
This is my full makeup daily routine and in order (I am 20 years old):

No7 Cleansing Balm
No7 Lift and Luminate foundation
No7 instant radiance concealer (same colour as foundation)
Revolution Concealor (Lighter then my skin tone for under my eyes)
Misslyn Bronzer in colour Holiday Hooray (I Love this)
Sleek Rose Gold Blush
Barry M Brow Powder
Urban decay Perversion Mascara (Any black mascara really)
No7 Lipgloss

Never got more compliments on it, just pack on the blush and blend it within the bronzer with another big fluffy blush, best thing ever
I love doing my makeup but I'm such a lazy cow that I don't bother at all for work generally. If I wake up 10 mins early though I'll slap on some mascara and some powder foundation/concealer though. If it's between sleep and makeup then...imma sleep.
None just cream and baby powder
Yeah .. it stops my face looking so oily. Also I'm feeling really self-conscious about how sunburnt my skin currently is so the baby powder hides that a little.
My skin is quite dark brown too (I'm South Asian) it does work - just don't use too much!
I've never heard of baby suncream. I've never really bothered with suncream but maybe I should.
I enjoy glam makeup. So foundation, powders, contour creams, highlighter, lipstick, eyelashes etc. Do it right and you still look natural
I've never worn makeup
There's no fixing this face
Oh no I just turn really dark brown. I actually got makeup around Easter time and it doesn't match any more - it looks like a weird pasty grey.

Yeah I'm Tamil and yeah my friends call me Niv/Nivi/Nivs/Nivster - there are a lot more at this point I've lost track.
Original post by ShantelleLuis
Believe it or not I wear 'my face'. I despise makeup with a passion. If I ever had a brand of my own all the bottles and palettes would be full of water! :biggrin:

Good for you mate, girls always look better without makeup! 🤗
Damn the people on here who wear a full face of make up everyday, so pointless and such a waste of time.

I don't wear any usually unless I'm going out somewhere special. May occasionally wear some BB cream if I can be bothered and a bit of concealer if I've got a really bad spot but otherwise I don't bother.
Yeah I guess I tan and don't really burn anyway - my friends with light skin get annoyed when I complain about getting sunburnt because to them sunburnt means going red and getting skin that peels off. I'm almost 19 and I didn't know that was even possible til a few years ago.

I don't really like it when my skin gets darker so I still call it sunburn. I wear glasses and when I take them off in summer I can just see those glasses lines. Yeah that's a smart idea - I'm not really very into makeup though my friend took me to buy some a few months ago and I wore it for a while and then I gave up. I might try and get some more sometime though. (Or next year I could just be bothered to buy suncream so I don't get sunburned)
Original post by CoolCavy
Nothing, never worn makeup

Respect. Not saying make up shouldn't be worn
Nothing lol
Full face
Hate not having makeup on as I just don’t feel pretty in anyway
OMG relate! I totally understand you! My mum used to make me put bleach cream on without telling me what it was. This was when I was like 12-14 and it made me so so sick and grey looking.
I know I shouldn't care about how dark my skin is and it really annoys me that I do - I guess that's what being surrounded by those kinds of people for almost 19 years does to you.
And yes I need to be in the sun - I've been loving this weather so much. I feel like this is the only time of the year when this country is habitable for me.
Original post by Luke5125
Good for you mate, girls always look better without makeup! 🤗
Aw thanks Luke! I actually agree with you there. People look better without any "enhancements" so they call them.
Original post by niv1234
OMG relate! I totally understand you! My mum used to make me put bleach cream on without telling me what it was. This was when I was like 12-14 and it made me so so sick and grey looking.
I know I shouldn't care about how dark my skin is and it really annoys me that I do - I guess that's what being surrounded by those kinds of people for almost 19 years does to you.
And yes I need to be in the sun - I've been loving this weather so much. I feel like this is the only time of the year when this country is habitable for me.

Bleach cream??
That's so smart - I mean it's good that kid you was smart enough not to use the bleach cream. I didn't know how dangerous it was til my friends at school noticed how sick I started looking and I googled it.

YESS! That's great! Rock that suntan!

Quick Reply

Latest