The Student Room Group

Graduate for Medicine ?!?!

How many graduates are accepted into medicine. I have still not gone to uni but was thinking to do bio-med,because I am not doing chemistry I am not able to apply to medical schools. What are the odds of graduates entering into medical schools? (more specifically London Medical Schools) Also, which university courses are better for graduate medicine entry?
Original post by Donjayaa
How many graduates are accepted into medicine. I have still not gone to uni but was thinking to do bio-med,because I am not doing chemistry I am not able to apply to medical schools. What are the odds of graduates entering into medical schools? (more specifically London Medical Schools) Also, which university courses are better for graduate medicine entry?

The number of people accepted will vary by year. It's difficult to predict as it really depends on the quantity/quality of applicants in that particular cycle. Generally you can expect it to be very competitive.

All graduate medicine courses are pretty standardised so there isn't a huge amount of difference between them. You will be limited by the places where you meet the entry requirements, and also if you only wish to study in London, so you may not have a huge amount of choice.
Reply 2
Original post by Charlotte's Web
The number of people accepted will vary by year. It's difficult to predict as it really depends on the quantity/quality of applicants in that particular cycle. Generally you can expect it to be very competitive.

All graduate medicine courses are pretty standardised so there isn't a huge amount of difference between them. You will be limited by the places where you meet the entry requirements, and also if you only wish to study in London, so you may not have a huge amount of choice.

What are generally the usual entry requirements for most graduate medical schools? Also, I would not limit myself to London, it is just a preference (sorry I didn't make that clear)
Original post by Donjayaa
What are generally the usual entry requirements for most graduate medical schools? Also, I would not limit myself to London, it is just a preference (sorry I didn't make that clear)

You would need to look on the websites of the universities you think you may be interested in to check their entry requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending