The Student Room Group

A level Revision

Should I start revising from January and from now to December focus most of the time to finish off my 2 CWs?
bump
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
Should I start revising from January and from now to December focus most of the time to finish off my 2 CWs?

That sounds like a good plan to me! I actually focused on my computer science coursework until February/March and then started seriously revising for exams in mid-March (although I had already revised some stuff for mocks in January). I know it's tempting to start revising really early but realistically you will have to revise everything again if you start revising loads before January because by summer you will forget it all. Focus on getting coursework out of the way early and revise later. (This got me top grades anyway!)
Original post by maths_student6
That sounds like a good plan to me! I actually focused on my computer science coursework until February/March and then started seriously revising for exams in mid-March (although I had already revised some stuff for mocks in January). I know it's tempting to start revising really early but realistically you will have to revise everything again if you start revising loads before January because by summer you will forget it all. Focus on getting coursework out of the way early and revise later. (This got me top grades anyway!)

Ok cheers, u mind telling me what you got and what course you do?
Ok cheers, u mind telling me what you got and what course you do?

No problem! I got A*s in Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science and triple maths.
No problem! I got A*s in Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science and triple maths.

Ok thts awesome!

How did u get A* in Maths & Comp Sci

and what did u do for your comp sci project?
Ok thts awesome!

How did u get A* in Maths & Comp Sci

and what did u do for your comp sci project?

For maths I just did pretty much every past paper that was available and I carefully reviewed any mistakes I made so that I wouldn't make them again. Maths is mostly about understanding and so I made sure I properly understood why it worked.

For computer science I memorised a load of the theory and practised doing little programming tasks under time pressure. My project was an app that suggests universities to you based on your personality/preferences.
For maths I just did pretty much every past paper that was available and I carefully reviewed any mistakes I made so that I wouldn't make them again. Maths is mostly about understanding and so I made sure I properly understood why it worked.

For computer science I memorised a load of the theory and practised doing little programming tasks under time pressure. My project was an app that suggests universities to you based on your personality/preferences.

thx

Quick Reply

Latest