The Student Room Group

Pearson or CGP textbooks for Edexcel Triple Science?

Hi, I'm a triple science student, who's just started year 10. Our teachers have suggested we buy the official Pearson textbooks however I already have access to these textbooks at school and at a tuition. I was thinking of buying the CGP textbooks to expand my sources but I wanted to get a second opinion
Original post by AB2907
Hi, I'm a triple science student, who's just started year 10. Our teachers have suggested we buy the official Pearson textbooks however I already have access to these textbooks at school and at a tuition. I was thinking of buying the CGP textbooks to expand my sources but I wanted to get a second opinion
"to expand my sources" is not something that needs to be done at GCSE. Especially science. CGP is a very user friendly way of presenting knowledge succinctly. If you are having trouble condensing down knowledge in revision, use them. The start of year 10 is a bit early to be needing CGP books, but think about it in 6 months would be my advice.:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
"to expand my sources" is not something that needs to be done at GCSE. Especially science. CGP is a very user friendly way of presenting knowledge succinctly. If you are having trouble condensing down knowledge in revision, use them. The start of year 10 is a bit early to be needing CGP books, but think about it in 6 months would be my advice.:smile:

Are you certain? Not the revision guides, I mean the actual textbooks. If I'm dead certain I want to buy one, should I be looking at the offical Pearson textbook or the CGP textbooks?
Original post by AB2907
Are you certain? Not the revision guides, I mean the actual textbooks. If I'm dead certain I want to buy one, should I be looking at the offical Pearson textbook or the CGP textbooks?
If you're after textbooks then the Pearson ones will always be the most useful for an edexcel course (since they are the same company). However, if the price is significantly higher then maybe have second thoughts. It's simply a question of whether you would find having the same textbook at home as in school useful or not, really.

Quick Reply

Latest