The Student Room Group

**Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2019 Thread**

Scroll to see replies

Got a UBS video interview hours after I thought I definitely failed the tests 😁
HSBC rejection, retarded test. Will do the feedback survey and tell them that whoever came up with that garbage should be fired
Original post by tsrmrman
HSBC rejection, retarded test. Will do the feedback survey and tell them that whoever came up with that garbage should be fired

I actually kinda liked that test, it was something different rather than the generic overused tests. Why were you not a fan? I got told this morning that I met the benchmark but my application is still being reviewed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Azzer11
I actually kinda liked that test, it was something different rather than the generic overused tests. Why were you not a fan? I got told this morning that I met the benchmark but my application is still being reviewed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

its so time consuming that you lose attention and stop bothering.Its very subjective and these qualities are something HR can get from you during a basic competency interview. Numerical and logical tests are a much better filtration system imo
having same issue
Original post by Ana1998
I was about to go through last year's thread to get an idea of when the accepts / rejects started coming in for each bank last year (e.g., BAML - October, UBS - MM, Goldman - MM...), until I realized what a monster of a thread it was last year! Any chance someone here has already gone through a similar effort and wouldnt mind sharing? Thanks!

Received my only interview invitation in December, interviewed in early January, and received my offer in mid-January. This was for a top-tier American BB bank.

GS doesn't start screening applications until after the deadline, fyi.

Good luck! :smile:
its so time consuming that you lose attention and stop bothering.Its very subjective and these qualities are something HR can get from you during a basic competency interview. Numerical and logical tests are a much better filtration system imo

Good luck working in the industry
If firms don't ask for cover letters who do I send them to? For example where do I send a JPMorgan cover letter?
Hi could anyone elaborate on the HSBC online immersive test?

It says it is untimed and should take around 60 mins to complete with SJT and numerical stuff.

Is the numerical stuff timed or what? How does the numerical part of the assessment work?

I'd love to hear what your experience was - no need to go into specifics of course.
Reply 669
Original post by jabdvhbhkad
Hi could anyone elaborate on the HSBC online immersive test?

It says it is untimed and should take around 60 mins to complete with SJT and numerical stuff.

Is the numerical stuff timed or what? How does the numerical part of the assessment work?

I'd love to hear what your experience was - no need to go into specifics of course.

Spend atleast 20 mins per question if it is nummerical, use google etc. Otherwise SJT have their website open. Take your time
Anyone know when/if Jefferies's spring insight is open? Could someone provide a link?
Original post by 3xphen
Spend atleast 20 mins per question if it is nummerical, use google etc. Otherwise SJT have their website open. Take your time

Sorry to bother you further.

Do you mean that you could take as much time as you like, but that it would be sensible to be spending at least 20 mins for those questions? As in when a numerical question comes up you have no rush?
Reply 672
Original post by jabdvhbhkad
Sorry to bother you further.

Do you mean that you could take as much time as you like, but that it would be sensible to be spending at least 20 mins for those questions? As in when a numerical question comes up you have no rush?

yeah there is no rush, i think i finished my test in like 2hrs.
(edited 5 years ago)
I finished theNumerical, I thought it was rather intuitive.

Hey dude, have you heard back from Nomura yet? Also BNP Paribas have the same test as Nomura lol. Was able to finsh the BNP one thanks to that fact.
Hi! :smile:
Do you know if JP spring week finance for non-finance can be converted into a summer intership as the other spring weeks?
Many thanks!
Original post by Vitto! :)
Hi! :smile:
Do you know if JP spring week finance for non-finance can be converted into a summer intership as the other spring weeks?
Many thanks!

JP don’t really do conversions
Reply 676
Does anyone maybe know changing divisions in Spring into Banking at Deutsche Bank? I started filling in my applications for Infrastructure but recently I came to conclusion that Corporate and Investment Banking might be something that intereststs me more. However it seems I can't apply to CIB, even though I haven't sent in my application for Infrastructure. Has anyone been in similar situation? If I withdraw my application for Infrastructure, will I be able to apply for CIB?
It's good that at least you got feedback. I was rejected without a reason. Though I guess it is because I did poorly on my numerical test.
Original post by Curtis_Teng
I just checked their website and it said: "We are not a fit this time" or something like that. Does it mean I am rejected?
Original post by randyorton
JP don’t really do conversions

What exaclty do you mean?
Thank you! :smile:
Original post by themight
I just finished the BNP tests; they use the same numerical test as nomura lol... I failed nomura so hard, but I was actually able to solve all 47 questions this time because I knew the Data

hi! which division of spring week for UBS? Global markets or banking? or is it the same testing?

oh and, was it only numerical reasoning? or also verbal?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending