The Student Room Group

British Airways Graduate Scheme 2019

Hi, can anyone recommend best online numerical reasoning package to practice for BA graduate scheme application please? Thanks v much

Scroll to see replies

I'd use practise aptitude tests.com they have some free ones on there. BA's numerical is basic maths, ratios, graphs, pie charts etc.
There are various aptitude test practice softwares that you can buy online
Hi everyone, I applied for the Future Leaders programme to start in September 2019 and thought we can all help each other, who are applying this year, with useful tips and advice. For example, what is the procedure now and has it changed this year? what online tests are there now? how many? Interview stage? has anyone heard back? etc. Any information people have to help each other in the process will be great!
Reply 4
Original post by mini-luis1
Hi everyone, I applied for the Future Leaders programme to start in September 2019 and thought we can all help each other, who are applying this year, with useful tips and advice. For example, what is the procedure now and has it changed this year? what online tests are there now? how many? Interview stage? has anyone heard back? etc. Any information people have to help each other in the process will be great!

Hi there! There's a (slightly) more active thread for 2018/9 applications here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5573430

As far as I'm aware no one on TSR has heard back after interview yet; fingers crossed they start processing them soon!
Original post by mini-luis1
Hi everyone, I applied for the Future Leaders programme to start in September 2019 and thought we can all help each other, who are applying this year, with useful tips and advice. For example, what is the procedure now and has it changed this year? what online tests are there now? how many? Interview stage? has anyone heard back? etc. Any information people have to help each other in the process will be grea

For me there was 3 tests 2 situational and one numerical prity basic maths test. Interview is pritty standard timed one. No one has heard back yet from their interviews yet I don't think
Guys. When we do the situtational test do you think they are looking for more independent than teamwork skills? Like any tips for the people that have done the situational tests or numerical to get to interview stage?
Original post by mini-luigi1
Guys. When we do the situtational test do you think they are looking for more independent than teamwork skills? Like any tips for the people that have done the situational tests or numerical to get to interview stage?

I Passed the situational test and I focused upon teamwork skills
(edited 5 years ago)
Finished both the situational tests, which weren't too difficult for anyone who hasn't completed them yet. Just your standard most and least likely responses to senarios. About to sit the numerical reasoning test, has anyone got any advice on how it is? is there a time limit? Is there a lot of questions?

Cheers
Original post by meekmilling
For me there was 3 tests 2 situational and one numerical prity basic maths test. Interview is pritty standard timed one. No one has heard back yet from their interviews yet I don't think

Hi, just done the practice numerical tests and found it quite difficult! Is the actual test about the same level of difficulty? + Do they cut you off after 25 mins? Or is the time limit just an expected amount of time you should complete it in? Cheers.
Original post by kingkoopa
Hi, just done the practice numerical tests and found it quite difficult! Is the actual test about the same level of difficulty? + Do they cut you off after 25 mins? Or is the time limit just an expected amount of time you should complete it in? Cheers.

I can't remember if it is time assessed or time monitored. Either way work fast and correct. Make sure you know your basic maths. It's difficult if you aren't prepared for the types of questions
Reply 11
Hey guys, I was just wondering after submitting the online application, are you automatically forwarded onto the onlines tests? Also, is there a deadline to complete the tests before a certain date?
Original post by meekmilling
I can't remember if it is time assessed or time monitored. Either way work fast and correct. Make sure you know your basic maths. It's difficult if you aren't prepared for the types of questions

I've done the online practice paper for SHL who are the examing body who do the numerical test for BA. Found theirs pretty tricky, hoping that the actual test isn't as difficult. I know my basic maths i.e. percentage change, ratios, graphs, pie charts etc. but found that their test expected lots of calculations in such a short space of time. Were you able to complete all the questions in the 25mins? Worried I'll only get through a handful of questions.
Original post by kf86
Hey guys, I was just wondering after submitting the online application, are you automatically forwarded onto the onlines tests? Also, is there a deadline to complete the tests before a certain date?

Yea you should be forwarded on your portal! Unsure if there's a deadline but it's better to try and do them asap as positions do fill up
Reply 14
I see, great thanks for your help!
Original post by kingkoopa
I've done the online practice paper for SHL who are the examing body who do the numerical test for BA. Found theirs pretty tricky, hoping that the actual test isn't as difficult. I know my basic maths i.e. percentage change, ratios, graphs, pie charts etc. but found that their test expected lots of calculations in such a short space of time. Were you able to complete all the questions in the 25mins? Worried I'll only get through a handful of questions.

Yeah I did them all in the time frame you can definitely get them all done. I'd say to be confident with working with numbers and not to second guess yourself. Even if you missed the last 2 and you got all the rest right you'd probably be okay. The test is relatively similar to the practice ones you can find.
Hi Guys,

I've applied for the commercial scheme, has anybody else applied for it? Just did my first online test which was a simulation, which was a bit strange, almost like a simulated situational judgment test. How have people found the numerical and verbal tests? :smile:
Original post by sophiekerrie
Hi Guys,

I've applied for the commercial scheme, has anybody else applied for it? Just did my first online test which was a simulation, which was a bit strange, almost like a simulated situational judgment test. How have people found the numerical and verbal tests? :smile:

I found the numerical test really hard. But I'm not that mathsy, but you need to be on it
Reply 18
Hi there!I've too applied for the Commercial scheme. I found the numerical test a bit hard as well, more a matter of time though, the question themselves are not that hard if you try the practice test beforehand. :smile:
I applied for the logistics grad scheme so I’m not sure if the maths test was harder. Wish I’d applied for commercial but ah well

Quick Reply

Latest