The Student Room Group
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland

2018-2019 UWS Applicants

:nutcase: Hello

This thread is for UWS applicants, for whatever course, at whichever study level looking to apply for entry in 2019 :biggrin:

Here is a suggested template to get the discussion rolling:

Name/Username:
Course(s) Applied for:
Other Unis Applied to:
Anything Else:

Good luck :borat:

Scroll to see replies

Name/Username: AnnaMirjam
Course(s) Applied for: Filmmaking & Screenwriting
Other Unis Applied to: Leeds, Chichester, the other 2 I haven't decided yet

I just wanted to say hi if somebody's applying to this uni for the same or similar course. :smile:
I don't know why the student satisfaction score is so low at this uni, I immediately fell in love with the course and the campus regarding the photos and videos I watched. What do you think? Is this uni a good choice? :biggrin: I'm applying as an EU student, so I couldn't go to open days and don't know the qualities.
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland
Name/Username: Dominika N.
Course(s) Applied for: Forensic Science
Other Unis Applied to: Kent, LSBU, LJMU, Greenwich

Is anyone also applying for Forensic Science, or other career, at Paisley?
I'v got offers from all of the unies mentioned above, and I really do not know which one to choose. I would love to go to UWS, but the rating is not so good. Has anyone had some experience with this uni?
Course(s) Applied for: society politics and policy
Other Unis Applied to: Aberdeen, Stirling, St Andrews, Edinburgh
Anything Else: Hey ! I just got an unconditional offer from uws today and was wondering if anyone else is planning on doing this course or going the uni in general :smile:
Name/Username: Lucas
Course(s) Applied for: Business Studies
Other Unis Applied to: Napier, Caledonian, Stirling, Queen Margaret
Anything Else: Got a conditional offer from UWS today!
How long did it take for UWS to send the offer?
Original post by AnnaMirjam

I applied a little over 3 weeks ago, just before Christmas.

I applied in late November and got an offer yesterday
Name/Username: Heather
Course(s) Applied for: Business Studies/Management
Other Unis Applied to: St Andrews (long shot), Glasgow, Strathclyde and Aberdeen
Anything Else: Was proud to receive an unconditional for UWS a few days ago. I live in Glasgow and have a passion for Business (obviously)! Would like to get my degree and pursue a career in the private sector.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by damnkendrick
Name/Username: Lucas
Course(s) Applied for: Business Studies
Other Unis Applied to: Napier, Caledonian, Stirling, Queen Margaret
Anything Else: Got a conditional offer from UWS today!

Hey Lucas! Also got an unconditional for Business Studies at UWS. Mabye I'll see you there?
Have you had a reply back yet ? When did you submit your application? I was hoping to have heard by now :-(
Original post by Ejfienweieie
Hey Lucas! Also got an unconditional for Business Studies at UWS. Mabye I'll see you there?

Hey! UWS is my 5th choice however, so unless I get rejected from the other 4, I don’t think I’ll be going here. You never know tho.
Name/Username: AnnaMirjam
Course(s) Applied for: Filmmaking & Screenwriting
Other Unis Applied to: Leeds, Chichester, the other 2 I haven't decided yet

I just wanted to say hi if somebody's applying to this uni for the same or similar course. :smile:
I don't know why the student satisfaction score is so low at this uni, I immediately fell in love with the course and the campus regarding the photos and videos I watched. What do you think? Is this uni a good choice? :biggrin: I'm applying as an EU student, so I couldn't go to open days and don't know the qualities.

omg i have also applied for the screenwriting course! i hope to see you there!
Original post by bravemccalll
omg i have also applied for the screenwriting course! i hope to see you there!

Have you had a reply yet ? What other courses have u applied for ?
Name/Username: Giorgia
Course(s) Applied for: Computer Animation Arts
Other Unis Applied to: Glasgow Caledonian University and Abertay University
Has anyone had an offer yet for Film and Scriptwriting ?
Original post by Glasgowlady
Has anyone had an offer yet for Film and Scriptwriting ?

When did you apply? Have they invited to the interview?
I'm still waiting for their response. The only uni I didn't hear anything back since acknowledgement (one other decision depends on my interview they didn't set yet). So I'm waiting from 2 unis including UWS
Applied middle of December , no further correspondence aside an acknowledgment a few days later . I’m not sure if they interview for this course ?
Original post by Glasgowlady
Applied middle of December , no further correspondence aside an acknowledgment a few days later . I’m not sure if they interview for this course ?

That was a long ago! https://www.uws.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/admissions-application/applicant-interviews/ Here they says they recquire interview for this course, Filmmaking is on the list. So it's weird. Most of the schools set their interviews by this time.
Username - Ainsley
Course Applied - Criminal Justice

any criminal justice people here?

Quick Reply

Latest