The Student Room Group

IAL Biology Unit 2 January 2019 Thread

How are preparing for tomorrow?

Scroll to see replies

How did it go? Any unofficial markscheme? I swear I think I wrote a mile worth of words smh
Reply 2
Original post by Erica.kh
How did it go? Any unofficial markscheme? I swear I think I wrote a mile worth of words smh

How was it?? I find it hard 😢... Btw I took the old syllabus
Original post by Yin MP
How was it?? I find it hard 😢... Btw I took the old syllabus

Did you take the international exam? It’s code start with a W
Reply 4
Original post by IGCSEsurvivor
Did you take the international exam? It’s code start with a W

Yes IAL WBI02/01
Original post by Yin MP
Yes IAL WBI02/01

Same. What did you write for "how are the tissues made" in the octopus Q?
Reply 6
Same. What did you write for "how are the tissues made" in the octopus Q?

I'm not sure... I was in a hurry and I don't really remember how I wrote but I think my answer was by mitosis so genetically identical cells grow and then tissues are made. I think include sth abt stem cells too as I really don't have the idea of what the question wants to focus on... 😢 most questions this time were like that I guess
Original post by Yin MP
I'm not sure... I was in a hurry and I don't really remember how I wrote but I think my answer was by mitosis so genetically identical cells grow and then tissues are made. I think include sth abt stem cells too as I really don't have the idea of what the question wants to focus on... 😢 most questions this time were like that I guess

IKR!!! They seemed so vague! I hope we all did okay tho 💚 I wrote something about mitosis too and turning genes on and off. Fingers crossed 🤞
Reply 8
IKR!!! They seemed so vague! I hope we all did okay tho 💚 I wrote something about mitosis too and turning genes on and off. Fingers crossed 🤞

Good luck to you !! Hope I could get an A for AS level and I'm quite nervous for Unit 3 tmr 😬
What did you guys write for the first part of the octopus question?..the one that talks about tentacle breaking being an advantage inside the female octopus..
Original post by Aflal Hassan
What did you guys write for the first part of the octopus question?..the one that talks about tentacle breaking being an advantage inside the female octopus..

I said it blocks the exit way so the sperms don't escape, a greater volume inside the female, greater chance of fertilisation. Also, since it's inserted, the sperms have to travel a shorter distance
Did anyone do the very last question? 8 c I think
Wow most of you are saying the same answer Lol i got it wrong probably..overall how was the paper?
Did anyone do the very last question? 8 c I think

what was the question?
Reply 14
what was the question?

Yes what was the question? Having bad memory these days 😅 I can't remember things well
Wow most of you are saying the same answer Lol i got it wrong probably..overall how was the paper?

What did you write? If its hollistic you can probs get the marks and I'm not 100 sure if mines right so theres still hope.

And I dont quite remember the question, just that it was odd. It was the one below 'How can both flamingos survive in the same habitat' or smth
I just wrote to increase chances for fertilisation to occure by preventing rhe escape of the sperm or it being whisked away by the water
I said it blocks the exit way so the sperms don't escape, a greater volume inside the female, greater chance of fertilisation. Also, since it's inserted, the sperms have to travel a shorter distance
Reply 17
does anyone have the mark scheme for biology january 2019 unit 2?
Reply 18
I've attached the file. If u can't get it .u can give ur email address here 🙂
Original post by ynx
does anyone have the mark scheme for biology january 2019 unit 2?
Reply 19
Original post by Yin MP
I've attached the file. If u can't get it .u can give ur email address here 🙂

Thank you very much. Do you happen to also have the examiners report for that exam?

Quick Reply

Latest