The Student Room Group

Midwifery UCAS 2019

Hey everyone! I thought this would be an insightful forum for all future midwives to be on! :wink: You can discuss anything about your offers, interviews etc...

I applied for a Midwifery through UCAS yesterday. I’ve applied to; Southampton, Bournemouth, Nottingham, Surrey and Manchester. However, no replies yet!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hi! I have also applied this week!
I am a “mature” student, what about you!
will be interesting to see how long it take them to reply!
Hey! I’m 18. Which unis have you applied to? :smile:
Hello, feeling quite overwhelmed. I'm a student from france with english nationality. And my application has been a total nighmares nobody in France has got a clue what it is, even my english teacher gave me a weird look. I'm applying for Cardiff, South Wales, Bangor, Edinburgh and Aberdeen and I'm just finishing my french baccalaureate. Only got a response from Aberdeen for an interview at moment. I'm kind of scared the others are going to reject my application on the premice of me having a foreign education :dontknow:, I can't even give them predicted grades only report cards. I'm so happy to have an opportunity to do this but it's been such a hassle. As well not many people have ever done this for midwifery before, so I've got no one to look at for answers.

Sorry I know this post is more directed to standard applications. Hope all your applications are going well.
Reply 4
Hello! I am a staff nurse but have applied to return to Uni this year to do BSc Midwifery 🙂 I applied 15th Jan so looking forward to hopefully a positive response!
hi. i applied to city, middlesex, kingston, south bank and westminister. i got 2 out 5 decisions so far and both were rejections from middlesex and kingston. i applied like 2 weeks ago.
@tiapolo Hey. First of all, relax, it’s okay! Considering that you have an English nationality, this will help you in this case. The fact that you have a French education may interest them further :smile:.
Reply 7
Hi i’m a mature student. Have applied for Canterbury and Greenwich and have received an invitation to a a numeracy test at Greenwich in February.
(edited 5 years ago)
I hope so, got a response from Bangor for interview on Thursday. Problem is is that now i have to get there from France :wink:. Just hoping Unis won't just give me 2 weeks notice. Thanks for the reassurance it's just a lot of work for me.
Hiya! I sent my UCAS off in December and applied to York, Lincoln, Anglia Ruskin, De Montfort and Northampton. I've heard back from 4/5 and I got 4 interview invitations, I'm just waiting to hear from York now! It's nerve wracking waiting to hear responses, but I wouldn't worry if you haven't heard yet, just keep an eye out on your emails because some universities send invitations through email and some go through UCAS. Best of luck to you all.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by niamhsofia
Hiya! I sent my UCAS off in December and applied to York, Lincoln, Anglia Ruskin, De Montfort and Northampton. I've heard back from 4/5 and I got 4 interview invitations, I'm just waiting to hear from York now! It's nerve wracking waiting to hear responses, but I wouldn't worry if you haven't heard yet, just keep an eye out on your emails because some universities send invitations through email and some go through UCAS. Best of luck to you all.

Well done on your interviews! How long did it take De Montfort to respond to you with an interview?
Hey! I’m a mature student and have applied to Northampton only! I’ve applied for the April 2020 intake! Has anyone heard back from Northampton yet? X
Original post by SophieGrove
Hey! I’m a mature student and have applied to Northampton only! I’ve applied for the April 2020 intake! Has anyone heard back from Northampton yet? X

Hi, I applied to Northampton on the 14th of January and haven't heard anything back yet. When did you apply?
The 14th too!
The 14th too!

Ah well good luck, let me know if you hear anything.
Original post by Jacksmummy
Ah well good luck, let me know if you hear anything.

Yes you too! Have you applied anywhere else?
Yes you too! Have you applied anywhere else?

Yes I applied to Nottingham and DMU but I don't meet their entry requirements so have been rejected from them, I have an interview with Edge Hill and still waiting to hear from Northampton and Coventry.
Yes I applied to Nottingham and DMU but I don't meet their entry requirements so have been rejected from them, I have an interview with Edge Hill and still waiting to hear from Northampton and Coventry.

Just got an email from admissions asking for all my Access Course certificates!
Just got an email from admissions asking for all my Access Course certificates!

Ooh exciting! That's a good sign x
Ooh exciting! That's a good sign x

Hope so! Have you heard?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending