The Student Room Group

Scottish Unis Social Work

Hi there. Just wondering if anyone’s heard from any unis yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I hear from Stirling yesterday with Stage 2 tasks attached. Not heard from Edinburgh yet.
Reply 2
Original post by nw2527
I hear from Stirling yesterday with Stage 2 tasks attached. Not heard from Edinburgh yet.

Thats great! I’ve got an interview for RGU
Reply 3
I've applied for Dundee, Glasgow Caledonian and Strathclyde. I've sent in my further information request from Strathclyde, but no response yet. It's killing me!
Reply 4
Original post by ELH4
I've applied for Dundee, Glasgow Caledonian and Strathclyde. I've sent in my further information request from Strathclyde, but no response yet. It's killing me!

Me too! I’ve applied to Dundee, RGU, Edinburgh, Strath and Glasgow Caledionian. Wish they would get back to us!!
Hi I have applied to Stirling GCU and Edinburgh. I did the stage two written task for Stirling but haven’t heard anything since I submitted. Not a peep from Edinburgh or GCU. Anybody hear anything from any of these?
I have an interview for RGU and submitted the further informationrequest document for Strathclyde quite a while ago . No word from GCU or Stirling .I see a few of you have heard back from Stirling so I guess im out for that . Edinburgh declined me because my school grades were obtained more than three years ago and they have a policy against that...but that's a rant for another day :/
Original post by scottishGirl
Edinburgh declined me

a friend (from Edinburgh) mentioned that it's not guaranteed, but it might help with your application to Edinburgh Uni, sometimes, if you get Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II to countersign your UCAS application.
I applied to edinburgh, stirling, strathclyde, caladonian and west of scotland.
I've completed the further information request for strathclyde just after the new year, and just finished my stirling stage 2 request.
Not heared anything else though.
Original post by LuigiMario
a friend (from Edinburgh) mentioned that it's not guaranteed, but it might help with your application to Edinburgh Uni,
sometimes, if you get Her Majesty Queen
Elizabeth II to countersign your UCAS application.

Haha yeah sounds about right! So much for encouraging mature students back into education...bit tricky if you left school more than three years ago it seems! (I'm not that old by the way, only 26!!) It strange to me as for a course like social work I feel like life experience should be a big part of the decision making for the admissions team ...but there you go...what do I know? Just glad other unis are giving me the chance to prove myself at the second stage. unfortunately I've heard bad stories about Edinburgh over the years from others so it didn't really surprise me.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 10
Heyy.. Oh yay. Im in the same boat i recieved the Stage 2 from Stirling University but it was blank :/ Sent them an email today, so lets hope they will get back to me with an attachment. Also have an interview for RGU... no idea what to expect? Any ideas??...

Also applied for Strathclyde- sent them my FIR pack, nothing back as of yet, Declined from Edinburgh, same reasons as above... grades too long ago i guess... or maybe Im just pants haha. And then Glasgow Cal, and i guess nobody has heard anything from them yet :s
Reply 11
I’ve done the fir for Strathclyde and stage 2 for Stirling. Rejected from Edinburgh too. And heard nothing from gcu. Can’t be long now surely.
Reply 12
I heard back from Strathclyde uni - they have invited me to an interview! My application is being treated as 'inexperienced.' Does anyone know what the written exercise and group interview will be like?

Has anyone else heard back?
Reply 13
Original post by ELH4
I heard back from Strathclyde uni - they have invited me to an interview! My application is being treated as 'inexperienced.' Does anyone know what the written exercise and group interview will be like?

Aw that’s brilliant! Well done and good luck! Sorry I don’t know anything about the interview, but just wanted to wish you luck!
Reply 14
Original post by Do1986
Aw that’s brilliant! Well done and good luck! Sorry I don’t know anything about the interview, but just wanted to wish you luck!

Thank you so much! :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by ELH4

So have I!! On the 27th
Reply 16
Original post by ASF2000
So have I!! On the 27th

That’s when mine is too! I’ll maybe see you there haha
Reply 17
Has anyone heard anything after submitting Stirling stage 2? Or from Edinburgh or GCU? This wait feels so long ......
Not heard anything else either.
Although from looking at last years thread it looks like the offers started coming through from late March..... so it could be a while yet!
Reply 19
I have an interview for GCU!

Quick Reply

Latest