The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

edinburgh uni degree length

does anyone go to uni of edinburgh who can give me some advice??

i am looking at doing a social work degree at uni of edi however there are a few things i’m weighing up. pros = i love edinburgh, i feel very safe there and think i would enjoy living in the city. it is a prestigious university and a Russell group uni which would give me an advantage when applying for jobs. it is a beautiful city with lots of greenery and beautiful buildings which i know it sounds stupid but i need to stay sane…

HOWEVER… it is a four year degree and it is not capped at 27,000 like some other scottish unis. this extra year in addition to accommodation and travel etc etc. feels like a waster of money when i could get a masters at york in the same duration. another thing, i would be registered with scottish social work council is this transferable to working in england???

so, is it worth it or a waste of time
TIA xxx
Reply 1
Original post by mpayn
does anyone go to uni of edinburgh who can give me some advice??

i am looking at doing a social work degree at uni of edi however there are a few things i’m weighing up. pros = i love edinburgh, i feel very safe there and think i would enjoy living in the city. it is a prestigious university and a Russell group uni which would give me an advantage when applying for jobs. it is a beautiful city with lots of greenery and beautiful buildings which i know it sounds stupid but i need to stay sane…

HOWEVER… it is a four year degree and it is not capped at 27,000 like some other scottish unis. this extra year in addition to accommodation and travel etc etc. feels like a waster of money when i could get a masters at york in the same duration. another thing, i would be registered with scottish social work council is this transferable to working in england???

so, is it worth it or a waste of time
TIA xxx

i dont know but i have the same dilemma, does anyone knoww???
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending