The Student Room Group

Visual Studios review

Hi everybody, my name is Matthew and I just want to share my experience with the visual studios as we took our daughter to the Camden studio in July. my daughter was first contacted by a very pushy and straightforward "model booker" by the name of Emma, but as my daughter has always wanted to work in the industry I thought we would hear what she had to say. my ex-wife and I were treading very carefully as we had seen all the bad reviews on this page(pointed out to us by my sister at the time) anyway we thought we would visit the studio with my daughter as it was her dream and we thought what do we have to lose, but then came the catch!!!!! a booking deposit of 50 pounds had to be paid before we attended, (I smelt a rat) any way to cut a long story short Rachel my daughter paid the deposit and we were booked into the studio, much to her embarrassment Daddy had to come along ...the shoot was a very boring experience for my self, but Rachel had the time of her life!(understatement) everyone at the studio was so professional and she looked amazing, we did invest in to a portfolio after much deliberation as she looked amazing on film(knew she would) and two months later she has had her first paid job through the company in a tv commercial - in all VISUAL STUDIOS - GREAT COMPANY- BAD RAP -
Reply 1
How is she getting on now? My daughter has one Saturday and after reading All these reviews it’s scary!
I just want to know if they fulfill with what they say about getting a job for you and sending your pictures to different agencies to get into an agency? because I have an appointment with them at the end of this month, and I just want to be confident knowing that everything is gonna be ok
I had a shoot with them and also GT Models, the Visual Studio shoot was in January and at the end I was shown the pictures and told about the pricing, being dubious, I went for the £500 package and paid over the last few months. Yesterday i made the final payment and was told my pics are coming to me via recorded delivery, so I am just waiting. They also said i would receive a call over the next few days as my photos will be distributed to the agencies they feel I will get work. I am also registered with Starnow and jobs are posted every day. Even without the pics I have had work, I just needed some professional pictures which should give me more. Visual Studios so far has done what they said so I feel they are a platform to get on. Now for GT Models, they are very picky to whom they take on. I got in and was treated very well they put 5 outfits together, more than Visual Studios did, but both agencies helped me with posing etc. I think the people that put bad reviews on here are the ones that get rejected for whatever reason. I must admit GT Models were a lot more professional and were honest(you can tell by body language etc) so read them as they speak to you, you will get a feel whether they are being honest, but seriously i believe both platforms, because that is what they are, you still have to apply for work. Hope that helps
Oh one more thing it is standard across the industry to take a £50 deposit, it ensures you turn up, though you end up using that money for your pictures. I had another platform contact me really pushy and said they would take pictures and it would cost£300 for the portfolio i am a firm believer you get what you pay for in this life, and different models I have spoken to that get regular work say it is standard procedure to pay anything up to £2000 for a good portfolio.
so basically after the photoshoot, I have to pay to be able to keep my pictures, so that means that the photoshoot is not free because I will be paying just to get my pictures
because I have my own portfolio the only thing that I would need is to add those pictures on my portfolio
yes you are, though after speaking with models that are working and an agency called majestic models you need a portfolio, should of kept your own and added to it each time you work, i have been doing that but a couple of agencies asked me for professional pictures
Original post by Abesorafaela
because I have my own portfolio the only thing that I would need is to add those pictures on my portfolio
Hi just to keep you all informed the Visual Studio shot went well, I paid my money and have had agencies calling me to go on their books, still waiting for the photographs should be here tomorrow. As long as the photos arrive ok I have no complaints they have done exactly what they said they were going to do.
Photographs arrived today and are really good through one of the agencies an other ehas taken me on I had to pay for the z-card but that will be reimbursed after my first job and I have my first casting for a commercial tomorrow all in the space of a week. Good going, go to the platform you make your money back quickly if you're successful
Pls I just want to know more about visual studios ,I went for photo shoot with my son and the package to get him thru to agencies was 1500 which I don’t have but decided to pay instalment but am just on the cross road to cancel it because am not sure if going to worth it .1500 it a lot of money
I just went for the small package and my agencies only actually need 10 as they have to be updated everytime we change so habe done some tfp photos through Starnow and they are free so we get them done monthly and just keep updating. Thats what agencies want to see a constant supply of new pictures.

Original post by Juliefalano
Pls I just want to know more about visual studios ,I went for photo shoot with my son and the package to get him thru to agencies was 1500 which I don’t have but decided to pay instalment but am just on the cross road to cancel it because am not sure if going to worth it .1500 it a lot of money
Since the pictures i have been to many castings and got work acting. If you want him to be a commercial model those pictures may or may not sell him, you have signed a contract? If so you have to pay it.
Original post by True Believer
I just went for the small package and my agencies only actually need 10 as they have to be updated everytime we change so habe done some tfp photos through Starnow and they are free so we get them done monthly and just keep updating. Thats what agencies want to see a constant supply of new pictures.
Scam scam scam
And phase one management i keep checking out all the scammers. If anyone is interested i have a professional photographer that is good and not expensive as lets face it you only need about 10 picturrs to show you van lose and look good

Quick Reply

Latest