The Student Room Group

How would we anylse a pride and prejudice extract?

Hi! I do AQA and I'm not sure how to analyse the extract in detail a sit's harder than Shakespeare. Can somebody help please? :smile:
Original post by Pravi29
Hi! I do AQA and I'm not sure how to analyse the extract in detail a sit's harder than Shakespeare. Can somebody help please? :smile:

-context
-Austen's inentions
-views of the society back then
-message given off from each character
-analysis of words as there's not that many language devices e.g. say if it s a 'soft noun' or a 'fierce verb', if there's a device such as metaphor, make sure to point out the significance of it due to Austen not usually using many devices.

This is all I can remember from last year but I got a grade 8(3 marks off a 9), i no longer do english but I enjoyed it a lot back then :smile: hmu if u need help!
Reply 2
Thank you!
Original post by sxhxl
-context
-Austen's inentions
-views of the society back then
-message given off from each character
-analysis of words as there's not that many language devices e.g. say if it s a 'soft noun' or a 'fierce verb', if there's a device such as metaphor, make sure to point out the significance of it due to Austen not usually using many devices.

This is all I can remember from last year but I got a grade 8(3 marks off a 9), i no longer do english but I enjoyed it a lot back then :smile: hmu if u need help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending