The Student Room Group

Urgent:NEA English Literature help

Hello,
I have one question for my NEA.
My argument is :'19th century writers were concerned with the transactional nature of relationships
Compare and contrast the presentation of the female characters and their relationships in the light of this view'
I'm looking at pride and prejudice and Mrs warrens profession.
I found this critic but I am finding it difficult to incorporate it in my argument.
Below in brackets is the argument of the critic and they are talking about Collins and Charlotte in pride and prejudice.( 'But most importantly,they are attracted to each other by a forge superior to them both-their mutual identity').
Now could someone please give a point and 2 quotes to support it and also a little paragraph please?
Thank you very much.
Original post by small-scale-pret
Hello,
My argument is :'19th century writers were concerned with the transactional nature of relationships
Compare and contrast the presentation of the female characters and their relationships in the light of this view'
I found this critic but I am finding it difficult to incorporate it in my argument.
Below in brackets is the argument of the critic and they are talking about Collins and Charlotte in pride and prejudice.( 'But most importantly,they are attracted to each other by a forge superior to them both-their mutual identity').
Now could someone please give a point and 2 quotes to support it and also a little paragraph please?
Thank you very much.

Apologies for the long read. I just urgently need help on that and would appreciate it alot!!
Reply 2
Original post by small-scale-pret
Hello,
Thank you very much.

Did you get help? I can help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending