The Student Room Group

English lit

What do you Guys think for aqa English lit 2019 questions are any predictions???
Original post by Yuhfryhjj
What do you Guys think for aqa English lit 2019 questions are any predictions???

Hi there, I'm not sure which books/poems/plays you're studying but a tip to know (which you probably already know) is to look at past papers, specimen papers etc. and look at what questions came up because you don't expect them to ask the same questions. That being said, you need to be careful with that. I did GCSEs last year and one question that came up on the sample paper actually came up as the question and I had completely avoided that question. That being said, you can almost 100% expect that a poem like Singh Song won't come back again this year since it came up last year. For poetry, I had bets last year on 'War Photographer', 'The Emigrée' or 'London' but that didn't happen. I think for that half of the syllabus, maybe a war poem? Kamikaze sounds like quite a good choice. I didn't do love and relationships so can't make any predictions for that.
The first English lit exam is in 16 days :bawling: and i don't know how to revise properly. I don't think I know all my notes properly. I'm studying inspector calls, romeo and J, Jekyll and Hyde and then power and conflict.
Does anyone have any good revision tips for memorizing and learning :dong:
Revision tips for memorising and learning? Flashcards are probably your best bets for quotes and practice questions definitely. Recite points to yourself, that'll probably help it to stick in your head.
To be honest, you really don't need that many quotes. Yes, you need quotes but close references are equally good. Don't get too wound up about learning quotes because analysis is important also.
Hi! I've found the best way to revise is by doing past paper essay questions bydeveloping ideas yourself ideas as you go along. I use a few notes I've gotten online, but I feel I memorize ideas and concepts better when it's coming from my head instead of trying to repeat things I know I'm not going to be able to memorize. Use quotation and character tables with an effect of what each one does on a sheet of paper or on flashcards for your quotes. There are some Romeo and Juliet questions on TES too.

Best advice if you are trying to memorize your notes is write them out again but in your own words. You'll remember them better and because it's your own words they'll flow better in the exam.

Good luck!!
Original post by fatheha123
The first English lit exam is in 16 days :bawling: and i don't know how to revise properly. I don't think I know all my notes properly. I'm studying inspector calls, romeo and J, Jekyll and Hyde and then power and conflict.
Does anyone have any good revision tips for memorizing and learning :dong:
For AQA these are the predictions:
-Romeo and Juliet: love/ hate/ fate for theme and Romeo as character
-A Christmas Carol: Scrooge's redemption
-Inspector Calls: younger vs older generation/ poverty or problems in society and Gerald/ Mr Birling/ Sheila as character
-Power and Conflict Poems: London, Storm on the Island, My Last Duchess or Exposure
Reply 6
Please don’t predict. I know for a fact that there is no pattern beyond the examiners’ whims. They could select anything they liked, including one that has gone before. Do not waste your time.
Not sure, but Singh Somg definitely won’t come up and I doubt Mother Any Distance and Walking Away will come up, but don’t take my word for it. I’m just gonna revise for all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending