The Student Room Group

Royal baby name announced!

Welcome to...

Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, Earl of Dumbarton

Or Archibald to his friends.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48201625

Archie was the 17th most popular boy's name in the UK in 2017.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Should have named him Divock Origi.
(edited 4 years ago)
I don’t really like it lol, I wish they chose a more normal traditional name like Charles or John or Matthew. Archie just reminds me of the comic book.
Reply 3
a cute name for a cute baby
Reply 4
I like it

although I was hoping for a James, Henry, Michael or Spencer
Idk why but Archie sounds like such an old man name, like he was in his 60's from birth.
I wonder what inspired that name. :holmes:
No one caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaares
Normally I would say ooh that's not very royal, but considering the kid may not even have a title I'm more like eh it's cute but personally not one of my favourites. Happy for them tho
Lil Titus Adronicus. Bless his lil heart.
Nice to know
All I can think of is that guy who lived in the pink castle on Balamory :colondollar:
Original post by MinaBee
All I can think of is that guy who lived in the pink castle on Balamory :colondollar:

The bloke's real name is much posher than the Princeling's, ironically. Miles Jupp.
Original post by MinaBee

I have been there and thanks for letting me know who ever did this board
Original post by DarthRoar
No one caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaares

why respooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooond if you don't caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare???
Original post by NickAlex12
I don’t really like it lol, I wish they chose a more normal traditional name like Charles or John or Matthew. Archie just reminds me of the comic book.

Good to hear that I'm not the only one who wanted to see more tradition in its naming, I was hoping for Edward or Albert, though I like the mentioning of Mountbatten.

I am, however, still pleased at the news.
(edited 4 years ago)
It’s no price consuala banana hammocks
But does anyone genuinely care 😂
I don’t get what’s so interesting about naming a baby lol like isn’t that what you are meant to do when you have a baby? 😂😂
Sebastian would be more appropriate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending