The Student Room Group

Childcare grant 2023/2024

Hello,
I’m starting university sept 2023. I have a 6 month old baby and am classed as an “independent student” because I am under 25 and have a dependent. I live with my baby’s father however his wage hasn’t been taken into account to my applications for maintenance because I am not married and under 25. The only benefit I receive for my baby is child benefit which is solely in my name.
I am basically curious on what the childcare grant defines “household income” as and if it will involve my baby’s father as maintenance didn’t. My wage will be nothing except for anything maintenance and nhs bursary however his will be over the £19,000 threshold meaning I wouldn’t be entitled if his wage is taken into account.
Original post by Cto03
Hello,
I’m starting university sept 2023. I have a 6 month old baby and am classed as an “independent student” because I am under 25 and have a dependent. I live with my baby’s father however his wage hasn’t been taken into account to my applications for maintenance because I am not married and under 25. The only benefit I receive for my baby is child benefit which is solely in my name.
I am basically curious on what the childcare grant defines “household income” as and if it will involve my baby’s father as maintenance didn’t. My wage will be nothing except for anything maintenance and nhs bursary however his will be over the £19,000 threshold meaning I wouldn’t be entitled if his wage is taken into account.

Hi there,

If you can contact us using the live chat in your account. So we can check your application and advise any evidence needed to get this assessed for you. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending