The Student Room Group

Reigious Studies GCSE Help

Hi! For R.S, do we need to rmemeber quotes word to word or can we say, in the Bible or the Qur'an and paraphrase it. This concerns the five and the twelve marker. I study Religious Studies A AQA. Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My teacher said it doesnt make that much difference but it just makes you sound more advanced than others
Reply 2
hey! i study religious studies aqa b, so im not sure if the same applies, but i dont think you can get above an 8/12 without quotes. so try to remember some that apply to general things.
Original post by Pravi29
Hi! For R.S, do we need to rmemeber quotes word to word or can we say, in the Bible or the Qur'an and paraphrase it. This concerns the five and the twelve marker. I study Religious Studies A AQA. Thank you!

I'm doing A level RS now, so I know the subject pretty well. You can paraphrase (I did), but you can also quote the key words rather than a whole quote. To get the very top grades, it's better to use a longer quote so that you can analyse and evaluate, that's easier when you have words to do that with. But basically, you only need a few memorised, but I also found a few quotes came to me randomly in the exam, so don't stress! You've got this :smile:
Reply 4
Thank you!

Original post by a.viibe
My teacher said it doesnt make that much difference but it just makes you sound more advanced than others
Reply 5
Thank you!

Original post by a.viibe
Reply 6
Thank you1
Original post by mgpfv
hey! i study religious studies aqa b, so im not sure if the same applies, but i dont think you can get above an 8/12 without quotes. so try to remember some that apply to general things.
What are the prediction for Buddhism aqa?
Reply 8
Are you allowed to use atheist counter-arguments in the religious papers 12 markers on beliefs/practises e.g. Islam
I would stick to religious opinions, but as long as you can link the ideas in a coherent and intellectual manner that relates to/answers the question, I don't see why not.
Original post by nnoorell
Are you allowed to use atheist counter-arguments in the religious papers 12 markers on beliefs/practises e.g. Islam
Original post by Notprepared
What are the prediction for Buddhism aqa?

Hi doing this exam tomorrow as Well, do you know if it's just on buddhism because I heard that it's on Christianity as Well
It Christianity and Buddhism
Original post by Jack.s2468
Hi doing this exam tomorrow as Well, do you know if it's just on buddhism because I heard that it's on Christianity as Well

Apart from on the Existence of God & revelation theme, you are not supposed to make atheist counter arguments (for AQA)
Original post by Notprepared
It Christianity and Buddhism

ok thanks
Tomorrow's exam will have the two world religions you have studied, two sets of questions on each (1, 2, 4, 5, 12)
(For AQA)
Thx
Could you instead use arguments from a different religion in one of the religious 12 markers (AQA)?
e.g. Christianity counter-argument point in an Islam Q5.
What’s the quotes everyone knows for Islam and Christianity?
Original post by Pravi29

I did my exam last year and no you dont need to know it word for word, its fine paraphrasing but mainly remember the basics such as the evidence for five pillars if you are doing islam and for christianity 'love thy neighbour' ...Good luck!
I'm not 100% sure, but the examiners probably wouldn't count that as a valid point. I know some 12 mark questions allow you to add non-religious arguments but i wouldn't bet on it
Thx
Could you instead use arguments from a different religion in one of the religious 12 markers (AQA)?
e.g. Christianity counter-argument point in an Islam Q5.
Reply 19
*Not sure if these are word for word but they are very close*

Islam:
5 pillars: Shahadah: "Say there is no God except Allah and you will be successful."
Salah: "O you who believe. When you prepare for prayer, wash your face, arms up till the elbows, wet your hair and wash your feet up to the ankles."
Zakah: "Alms are only meant for the poor."
Sawm: "The night of power is better than a thousand months."
Hajj: "Pilgrimage to the house is a duty owed to Allah by every Muslim who can undertake it."

Original post by MattHutchy
What’s the quotes everyone knows for Islam and Christianity?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending