The Student Room Group

deciding my A-levels help!

I am uncertain what I want to do for A-level. I do want to do media for sure but maybe English lit as my second option. I am unsure on my third A-level but it's either between business and psychology. I already do business at GSCE but I don't enjoy it that much but I don't know if it's because I had a bad teacher for a whole year. I was certain at the start of the year I wanted to do psychology but after talking to a few sixth formers they all said it is very hard and I don't know if I'm capable of doing it. If any of you do psychology, English lit or business, could you give me your opinion about your courses you took and help me decide which A-levels I should do? I am so stuck. Sorry this is a bit long.
Original post by sarahbondx
I am uncertain what I want to do for A-level. I do want to do media for sure but maybe English lit as my second option. I am unsure on my third A-level but it's either between business and psychology. I already do business at GSCE but I don't enjoy it that much but I don't know if it's because I had a bad teacher for a whole year. I was certain at the start of the year I wanted to do psychology but after talking to a few sixth formers they all said it is very hard and I don't know if I'm capable of doing it. If any of you do psychology, English lit or business, could you give me your opinion about your courses you took and help me decide which A-levels I should do? I am so stuck. Sorry this is a bit long.

Hi there!

What other GCSEs do you do and what marks are you expecting? And, what do you find interesting?

If you don't enjoy Business Studies, it's probably not a good idea to continue it at A level. Media Studies and English Lit sound like good options.

Have you thought about Philosophy? It's a little similar to Psychology but more all-rounded. There are also: Religious Studies, History, Government&Politics, Economics, Modern Language, Classical Civilisation, sciences/Maths. Do any of these interest you?
Reply 2
No other options really interest me but for GSCE's I do media studies, business studies and childcare. I'm expecting to get an 8 in media, a 5/6 in business, a 7 in English lit and in childcare I got a distinction star overall but my sixth form doesn't offer childcare at A-levels. I decided to not do business but for science I'm expecting a 7-6(I do combined) so I may not be that bad at Psychology. I gave in my form today and I put down psychology, media and English lit but thank you for helping me out!
Original post by Quick-use
Hi there!

What other GCSEs do you do and what marks are you expecting? And, what do you find interesting?

If you don't enjoy Business Studies, it's probably not a good idea to continue it at A level. Media Studies and English Lit sound like good options.

Have you thought about Philosophy? It's a little similar to Psychology but more all-rounded. There are also: Religious Studies, History, Government&Politics, Economics, Modern Language, Classical Civilisation, sciences/Maths. Do any of these interest you?
Original post by sarahbondx
No other options really interest me but for GSCE's I do media studies, business studies and childcare. I'm expecting to get an 8 in media, a 5/6 in business, a 7 in English lit and in childcare I got a distinction star overall but my sixth form doesn't offer childcare at A-levels. I decided to not do business but for science I'm expecting a 7-6(I do combined) so I may not be that bad at Psychology. I gave in my form today and I put down psychology, media and English lit but thank you for helping me out!

Those sound like a great set of A levels! :smile:

Are you considering going to university? If so, what degree would you possibly want to do?

A problem you may encounter, if you decide to study Psychology or Neuroscience at university, is that many universities will require 2 sciences at A levels. Just some food for thought. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest