The Student Room Group

GCSE English Lit AQA grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Ah okay, what exam board where you on?
Original post by Switch01
ours went up by 10% for math p1, but then the other 2 papers stayed the same roughly, so overall it went up by 5%
Original post by Mekrnrb
Hopefully what you said was because she was typing quickly and because it doesn’t really matter in a text?

Better being brutally honest than everyone gassing her saying she’s gonna get As and her being even more disappointed on results day
Reply 62
Original post by fatimalatif806
what grade do you guys think i would i get in this paper for romeo and juliet cos i'm uncertain. In my essay i introduced an arguement about how their relationship it true but audience may sometimes question it, then in first para i said the use of religious lang is blasfomous so foreshadows dangerous relationship due to how powerful it will become and i also included about how pilgrim suggests that they will be devoted to each other.

in the next i talked about how some question reality of relationship because its unworldly presentation contrasts the crude love surrounding it by mercutio and nurse which makes the're love seem unreal

and then i talked about their suicides and how they both appear to be confidant and almost blinded by their passionate relationship that they don't realise it

Honestly it doesn't actually matter what your opinion is, they care about whether you can back it up so it really depends how much you analysed quotes and how much you relied on the extract.
Reply 63
I can't remember if I linked it back to the question which I am worried about aha...
RIP Edexcel I feel for you guys! :eek:
the porter scene? what were they thinking?

AQA- lets screw up sciences and be nice on English

Edexcel- let's screw up English but be nice on sciences

OCR- lets screw up everything
Original post by bluefondue
Ah okay, what exam board where you on?

Edexcel for math, but the grade boundaries went up by 13 marks from 189 for a 9 to 202 on both Edexcel and AQA. Im just sayin, dont expect them not to go up, keep working hard and dont expect a 50% to get u a 7 this year just because it got you one last, just try your hardest to get the highest u can get

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending