The Student Room Group

Failing GCSEs so far

Ive had most of my GCSEs done so far. I know for sure that I have failed Science and English . I need these grades for a Sixth Form place. All the sixth forms around me require 6s and above. I dont know what to do about it :frown:
don't stress about your grades, plus I'm pretty sure some six forms allow you to retake while your there
Reply 2
I know I failed English Literature and Combined Science Higher and these sixth forms dont have the option to retake them unless if I do them privately.
Original post by emacsrose
don't stress about your grades, plus I'm pretty sure some six forms allow you to retake while your there
Original post by tm_24
I know I failed English Literature and Combined Science Higher and these sixth forms dont have the option to retake them unless if I do them privately.

It depends on the courses you're taking and what sixth forn it is but you should be fine. Just focus on passing the rest
Worst case scenario, you go to tech to repeat them. I know GCSEs might seem like the end of the world but if you fail them (IF), you can still fix things
Reply 5
I’m in the same position as you, I am not a great achiever and I am a 4/5 making me worry about my exam results as I am on the edge of passing and failing.But the worst thing you can do is procrastinate as it doesn’t help the situation I am currently overthinking today’s lit exam and what I failed to mention and put but you have already done the exam and there is no way of going back.But you could suprise yourself on results day
Original post by tm_24
Ive had most of my GCSEs done so far. I know for sure that I have failed Science and English . I need these grades for a Sixth Form place. All the sixth forms around me require 6s and above. I dont know what to do about it :frown:
Reply 6
That's so true. Honestly I hope everything works out well for us.
Original post by Random62
I’m in the same position as you, I am not a great achiever and I am a 4/5 making me worry about my exam results as I am on the edge of passing and failing.But the worst thing you can do is procrastinate as it doesn’t help the situation I am currently overthinking today’s lit exam and what I failed to mention and put but you have already done the exam and there is no way of going back.But you could suprise yourself on results day
Did you not revise?
Original post by tm_24
Reply 8
Not really. I know. It's my fault.
Original post by Soul Wavel3ngth
Did you not revise?
I revised last day, and I think i'm going to be alright lol. English Literature and Science don't matter, you need english language and maths to get into sixth form i'm pretty sure for most of the schools. Good luck
From someone who spent her entire summer crying thinking about the possibility of failing maths (I didn't), don't think about it. Focus on what you have left and just forget about everything. SAVE YOUR WORK FROM ENGLISH AND MATHS, JUST IN CASE.
Original post by tm_24

Quick Reply

Latest