The Student Room Group

life advice

I've never used this website so im not sure on how far this will get. In short, i'm in year 12, never enjoyed classroom learning and always found it hard to learn in it.. i decided i want to do an apprenticeship (in digital marketing) and i've always been passionate about doing an apprenticeship anyway, first in IT then now digital marketing. Only now, i really want to leave school to do one, i haven't found one yet and its nearly the summer before i start year 13 but I doubt I can go back to my school anyway since I failed the exams. As a backup plan while still looking for an apprenticeship, i'm looking for a fulltime job especially for the summer and trying to get some sort of work experience.
Hello,

Based on my experience, I would recommend finishing high school in order to get a proper full-time job in the future. Consider further education, if you wish to do so in the future. In the meantime, I highly recommend finishing school first!

All the best,
Dana Kafoud
4th-year BSc (Hons) Criminal Psychology student at the University of Essex Online
Reply 2
Hi ,

Thank you for that, I’ve already finished high school/ secondary school and I’m currently in year 12, starting year 13 in September, not even sure if I’m allowed to go back because I think I failed my progression exams
Original post by Dana_UoEOnline
Hello,

Based on my experience, I would recommend finishing high school in order to get a proper full-time job in the future. Consider further education, if you wish to do so in the future. In the meantime, I highly recommend finishing school first!

All the best,
Dana Kafoud
4th-year BSc (Hons) Criminal Psychology student at the University of Essex Online
Reply 3
Original post by sana-saidd
I've never used this website so im not sure on how far this will get. In short, i'm in year 12, never enjoyed classroom learning and always found it hard to learn in it.. i decided i want to do an apprenticeship (in digital marketing) and i've always been passionate about doing an apprenticeship anyway, first in IT then now digital marketing. Only now, i really want to leave school to do one, i haven't found one yet and its nearly the summer before i start year 13 but I doubt I can go back to my school anyway since I failed the exams. As a backup plan while still looking for an apprenticeship, i'm looking for a fulltime job especially for the summer and trying to get some sort of work experience.

Hi,

Since you're in year 12, you have clearly passed your GCSEs. This means you're eligible for level 3 and 4 apprenticeships. Unlike schools and universities, new vacancies appear all the time rather than a specific time of the year.

Do bare in mind that during an apprenticeship you will still have to complete some classroom learning and failing to do so could result in your termination.
Reply 4
Original post by sana-saidd

It sounds like you aren't enjoying school and are not very confident that you will do well. So looking at alternatives you might enjoy more and do better at would seem very sensible to me. A level 3 apprenticeship may be just the ticket for you. Especially as you know what area you would like to work in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending