Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Electromagnetism is looking sticky
Reply 2
Anybody have any answers?
horrible first 6 marker! What calculations were we meant to kake,
Original post by Jwoodle
Anybody have any answers?

I remember small questions like the one with the gears,I got that the number of turns was 8.I think the first question was nice except I forgot about the field lines so I put them in the wrong direction but it’s literally one mark.I loved the maths part of the paper,there were plenty of equation questions which was good.I remember that I put the student was incorrect because the k value kept changing.For the question on why the spray patterns are different,I said that the drops are given the same charge so they repel each other.My diagram for one of the middle questions was rubbish,but the 4 marker after that was good;I talked about the four things that affect the voltage.Hope this helps!
Original post by UltimatePigster
horrible first 6 marker! What calculations were we meant to kake,

I think I did one about power and work done,but apart from that I don’t know lol,it was a hard hard question which confused me a lot!
Reply 6
I just calculated the upthrust force experienced by the block
Original post by Amberxoxoxo
I think I did one about power and work done,but apart from that I don’t know lol,it was a hard hard question which confused me a lot!
What about further maths
How did you caculate it?
Original post by Will_W
I just calculated the upthrust force experienced by the block
Reply 9
Well i'm not sure if its right, but if the block is moving at a constant speed but the force increases when the block is being lifted out the water then we can tell that the upthrust force was helping the crane lift the block. The force the crane applied to lift the block when it was submerged in water was 102KN, and the force when the block was out of the water was 170KN (when upthrust force is no longer acting on the block). So i thought you can take away these forces the crane applied on the block to get the upthrust force. 170 - 102 = 68KN, which I think is the upthrust force experienced by the block when in the water
How did you caculate it?
Ah of course. thanks. Hopefully I'l still pick up like 3 marks lol. Any idea how to calculate the weight of the block too, I guess this calculation probably isnt needed though is it?
Original post by Will_W
Well i'm not sure if its right, but if the block is moving at a constant speed but the force increases when the block is being lifted out the water then we can tell that the upthrust force was helping the crane lift the block. The force the crane applied to lift the block when it was submerged in water was 102KN, and the force when the block was out of the water was 170KN (when upthrust force is no longer acting on the block). So i thought you can take away these forces the crane applied on the block to get the upthrust force. 170 - 102 = 68KN, which I think is the upthrust force experienced by the block when in the water
Reply 11
Don't think that would be possible unless we knew the speed at which the block was being lifted at
Ah of course. thanks. Hopefully I'l still pick up like 3 marks lol. Any idea how to calculate the weight of the block too, I guess this calculation probably isnt needed though is it?
Reply 12
yo say mums i got 90/100 on this paper
Original post by Will_W
yo say mums i got 90/100 on this paper

Congrats,that's amazing!!!
Reply 14
Why is there nothing on physics
what was on the paper i have mocks in a week and idk **** cos my physics teacher didnt even teach us paper 2 ffs
can anyone tell me the topics or type of questions that came up on the paper?
Original post by miniboy11
can anyone tell me the topics or type of questions that came up on the paper?

Hello ahmad, I do not know
Original post by Kashif1235
Hello ahmad, I do not know

i had my exam already! it was not too bad thankfully :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by blobfish90
i had my exam already! it was not too bad thankfully :smile:

Hey! can you drop the topics/questions please if you remember.

Latest

Trending

Trending