The Student Room Group

Pearson Edexcel to replace Further Maths paper due to possible breach

Here's where you can post a comment about our Pearson Edexcel will replace Further Maths paper due to possible breach article.

Read the full Pearson Edexcel will replace Further Maths paper due to exam leak article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
(edited 4 years ago)
so is this happening at the same school/college where the Paper 3 incident happened ?

:confused:
Reply 2
Yes, it appears so.
Original post by the bear
so is this happening at the same school/college where the Paper 3 incident happened ?

Original post by candokoala
Yes, it appears so.

the plot thickens .... :creep:
Wait which Paper exactly? I’m confused, it’s not Further Core as that’s already finished but I couldn’t see it mentioned
They really need to lock those papers up somewhere safe
That’s not really the problem though, the papers are fine within Edexcel’s vault for nearly 2 years. It’s only when they’re distributed that they are usually leaked. All of these, ‘leaks’ are really the fault of the test centres. Although I agree that clearly the current distribution method doesn’t work
Original post by Discrepancy
They really need to lock those papers up somewhere safe
I believe the paper is the Further Mechanics 1 (FM1) which is one of the further maths optional modules.
Reply 8
Original post by GreenDeath
I believe the paper is the Further Mechanics 1 (FM1) which is one of the further maths optional modules.

Correct. It is Paper 9FM0 / 3C, the Further Mechanics paper. Centres should receive replacements by Thursday morning. Any that don't can down load it on the morning.
Reply 9

Yes. Pearson's investigations into 9MA0 03 revealed that the same centre has compromised 9FM0 3C.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Compost
Correct. It is Paper 9FM0 / 3C, the Further Mechanics paper. Centres should receive replacements by Thursday morning. Any that don't can down load it on the morning.

Oh so it does make it safer because the paper we were meant to sit was already in the centres? I doubt the further maths papers are at as much a risk with less students though, edexcel left it too late to act.
Not sure what you mean by
Original post by GreenDeath
edexcel left it too late to act.

For who to act?

Its mad that its the same centre, action needs to be taken against the schools involved. Maybe for a first offence schools could receive a small fine and probationary period but multiple breeches, I think a ban on hosting examinations, more hefty fine and a probationary period should be employed.

Now the problem is clearly students at the school should not be disadvantaged by their exam office (but neither should every other A level student).

It seems to me if a neighboring school or exam centre should be used for the students attending exams and the school should receive a ban (say 3 years) of hosting official exams, management at the school should be hit, 10% salary fine to all senior management and a school funding fine. I think schools would shape up fairly quickly if a strategy like this was employed.

Quick Reply

Latest